Sprint Kills Premier Upgrade Program And Changes Return Policy Ahead Of iPhone 5 Launch

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSprint Kills Premier Upgrade Program And Changes Return Policy Ahead Of iPhone 5 Launch

We've heard several rumors, which indicate that Sprint - the third largest carrier in the US will be offering Apple's iPhone 5 alongside AT&T and Verizon.

Ina Fried of All Things D has just reported that Sprint has announced plans to discontinue its Premier upgrade plan, which allowed customers to upgrade their phones every year. Sprint's latest move seems to strongly indicate that it is indeed preparing for the iPhone 5 launch.

Sprint has made the announcement on its blog:

Read the full story here

Comments

• RiffRath
    RiffRath Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    I would consider changing if they offer true unlimited.
  • Prckybgd
    Prckybgd Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Is no point to have any iPhone or Android on Sprint or Verizon. They may have 4G speed (not realy) but they are still yousing CDMA technology.. So! If you on the phone talking.. That's it! No internet, no social networks.. Hang up and then you can use rest of the phone features!Think about that! GSM technology is the only multitasking but we have just AT&T and T-Mobile! We need more GSM cariers!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Just sell unlocked phones through these carries would be so cool.
  • Zack
    Zack Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    Both GSM and CDMA are becoming outdated due to the fact the the LTE network is here which both Verizon and Sprint already have. It is a universal technology and would allow for iPhones to be sold on any of the networks without re designing the interior. So i wouldn't bash the two networks so soon. We could very well see the 4g iPhone by October
  • WritingForProfits
    WritingForProfits Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    An LTE iphone in October would be nice, but I still don't have 4g LTE service in my area so I'd feel like I'm missing out. Sure the speeds will be faster, but realistically will we even notice much improvement? I'm on wifi most of the time and surfing the web still feels slow compared to my desktop pc. It really comes down to how fast the phones can render the webpages, and so far it's not 1-2 secs like my pc does, even with the same bandwidth. People can brag about cpu/gpu speeds all they want, but the limitation still lies in the hardware. Having 100mpbs on today's smartphones won't mean a single thing.
  • javeezy
    javeezy Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Stupid sprint always making bad decisions!!!!!Now all there customers will leave because they can't upgrade to iPhone.
  • A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress
    this doesnt make sense...so now sprint will be the only company that doesnt have some kind of early termination program? you have 2 wait a full years? that's just retarded...im pretty sure apple isnt going to let this fly. i was able to upgrade to a new iphone every year with att even that wasnt apart of their program
  • Mz_ForeverYung
    Mz_ForeverYung Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    You will be able to upgrade to the iPhone if you're eligible and the people who aren't able to take advantage of there premiere benefits have until 2012 to take advantage read bout all the facts @ Sprint Blogs...
  • Karen
    Karen Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    I think this was the worst decision that sprint could have ever made. what were they thinking. oh they was not. now i need to add a line and i have to wait 2 years to do so...unacceptable.....i will have to look into my other options for cell phone service... sorry sprint!