Is AT&T's EDGE Network in Central US down?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Is AT&T's EDGE Network in Central US down?

If you are anywhere in central US and are getting the error message "Could Not Activate Edge..." and think problem is to do with your iPhone and blaming Apple for it then you are wrong. According to BBuehnerm, one of poster at the Apple Support discussion forums who contacted AT&T,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• D
    D Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

I live in the Chicago area and work by o'hare airport. My edge was down for a few hours but is back up now. So all is clear on the midwestern front.

• cray supercom
    cray supercom Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I live in Saint Louis, My edge went down at 8:30am, came back up at about, 6:00pm CST. It drove me crazy because i was on the road with google maps when it went down and got lost! No problems since

• Inches
    Inches Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

While trying to use YouTube when I tap on a favorite I get "YouTube videos require an EDGE or Wi-Fi connection." When I first tap on the bookmarks or featured, where the signal bar is there is the whirling circle next to the clock while downloading pictures. Yet when I tap on one of the videos I get the error message. This has been going on for several days.

• Douceswild
    Douceswild Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

This just happened to me today. I work at an AT&T store and all of the phones are having the same issue.

• dennis
    dennis Posts: 89
    via Wordpress

I live in Toledo, Ohio and the connections are still lousy here, and we're right in the middle of an 3G area!

• Jane Doe
    Jane Doe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm in Middletown NY and the Edge network (3G doesn't exist here) is down, getting "Could Not Activate Edge...". Co-workers are unable to connect either using phones other than the iPhone. Support rep claims the entire US is down except for NY, nope.