Financial Times Claims Web App More Popular Than Native iOS App

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFinancial Times Claims Web App More Popular Than Native iOS App

Last month, Financial Times apps were removed from the App Store as it refused to get buckled down by Apple's In-App Subscription policy.

Since all In-App Subscriptions go through Apple, it meant that publishers wouldn't get all the information about subscribers such as demographic information used by magazines and newspapers to sell advertising. This pinched FT more than Apple's 30 percent cut, since they claim their subscription model centers around owning data about its readers. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Native apps are always better as there are no restrictions.
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    Apart from the restrictions Apple places upon App developers, which is why they're preferring to do web-apps.
  • Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress
    If I was paying for an app-subscription, I'd prefer to be able to pick it up on any and all of my devices, ios or not.
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Look at android nothing is really restricted and look wats happend people's data has been put on risk, piracy list goes on and what's does android do when summit bad happens? Nothing really they mite remove the app I they feel like it....as a Linux user I hate android It's more and more like microshite every day to many device running the hardware with no real support......the amout of devices iv seen on various forums asking if there's gonna be an update or some modder realeasing a modified firmware just to keep a 6month or less android device alive.....I love my iPod touch feels more secure than android and nice and simple to use with no lag on web browsing like most android phones iv used and the apps are better on apples Market and cydia......no dought there be some android fan boy calling me a liar....
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    I wouldn't call you a liar - just incoherent. Don't you have spell-check on your ipod? You need grammar-check too.