Survey: 31% Of Android Users Planning To Switch To iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSurvey: 31% Of Android Users Planning To Switch To iPhone

According to a recent survey conducted by UBS Research, Apple's iPhone has the highest retention rate among smartphones.

iPhone has the highest retention rate of 89%, followed by HTC at 39%, then BlackBerry at 33% (which has dropped from 62% earlier in the year), Samsung at 28%, Motorola at 25% and finally Nokia at 24% (down from 42%).

The sample size of the survey was about 515 consumers, which is a small user sample size, so take it with a pinch of salt.UBS Research reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    That is alot if you take in absolute numbers.
  • WritingForProfit
    WritingForProfit Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    Only the die hard android fans will defend it. Here's what the average person's decisions look like:1) They started out as an iphone user. Hear the bells and whistles of android along with their android buddy convincing them it's better so they switch. After using it for awhile, they don't like it and switch back to the iphone.2) They start out on android. It gets annoying and they decide to switch to the iphone. They like it and stay.Apple has been ranked the highest in customer satisfaction for 8 years in a row. That says a lot about their products.
  • RelicS13
    RelicS13 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    or I'm part of the 11% ditching apple going with the S2 on Oct 2nd ;) Different strokes for different folks. Either way you'll have people in both groups and this is a very small sample size to be making any sort of judgement. What I do know is Android is picking up a lot of steam the last 12-18 months.
  • bart
    bart Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I'm also ditching Apple for the new Samsung Galaxy S2. Been an iPhone user for 4 years.
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    Well, we'll see if your Step 2 applies to me. I'm switching from iphone3gs to htcevo3d not only for the bells/whistles of the android, but also because I am sick of the limitations on ios.If I don't like it, I'll be open to *all* offers including ios at around the time of iphone7.
  • WritingForProfit
    via Wordpress
    It's actually a good thing that we have choices. I wouldn't ask anyone to use something unless they were satisfied with it.
  • Steveo
    Steveo Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
    I typically love Google, but I just don't like Android as much. I haven't used it a whole lot, but it doesn't seem as user friendly. Why is it that every other brand has the 4 buttons on the bottom. What I love most about iOS is that everything is done on the screen. You don't have to search through menu options and buttons. This alone is a big reason why iOS is better.
  • Sorry I Switched
    Sorry I Switched Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I had an iphone 4 but AT&T was getting on my last nerve so I went to Verizon. I didn't get another iphone 4 because I wanted a 4g device. I ended up getting a Samsung droid charge. biggest mistake I ever made. The phone is garbage. Android is garbage. I'm planning on selling my iphone 4 from att and my droid charge from verizon to get an iphone 5. everything just work better on an iphone. things you take for granted on an iphone becomes a chore on android. Things will barely work on one handset and not another. The only reason I would not get an iphone and I mean the only reason why i wouldn't is if the phone was not LTE 4g ready. I've gotten use to verizon's 4g speed and that is the only saving grace for that damn droid charge. so if you have a choice, don't switch, and if you do, good luck.
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    iPhone would be really nice with a "back" button. Until you start using it you don't begin to realize how nice it is to have that along with a home button. Just saying! :)
  • BigBossSnake
    BigBossSnake Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    The 4 button below is a shortcutMenu, Home, Back , SearchI have found this really convenient. You can do it on the screen as well but I got used to the Android and I must say, I like it.And yes, that is true that it isn't user friendly. It would need a bit of getting used to. But for Android being an open system, you can DO what ever things on it while you have limitation on iPhones. Eg, you can download anything and open it up and store it on the phone (like a computer) where as iOS doesnt really do that, even if they do, there are limitations.
  • WritingForProfit
    via Wordpress
    It doesn't look like the next iphone will support LTE, but anything's possible. It'll support HSPA+ on ATT though.Service just depends on your location I guess. ATT's been fine and good to me, but I see you've had nothing but trouble with them. I don't think there's a 100% perfect service provider, we just have to pick one that best suits our needs.
  • Derric
    Derric Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    Wonder how the situation will be when Microsoft launch Windows 8 Tablet next year?
  • e
    e Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    i have notice that from both ios users and android users u guys are never satisfied every year your want more and more features to be added to a phone.but a what your forget to realize that your asking for more features that a notebook, touchpad already do.and some of these stuff you guys are asking for 90% of the time your dont even really use 5% of the time on the phone.
  • moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
    i hear ya. fido 50$/month unlimited everything literally everything. (includes data and anything you can get on your phone) with iphone 4 works amazing.
  • moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
    unchanged... windows on mobile devices is worthless... believe me im a windows fan boy and hat mac os.
  • President Kush
    President Kush Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I think it would be cool in a couple years to get an iphone 6/7 factory unlocked and load windows 8 on it
  • WritingForProfit
    via Wordpress
    Technology continues to improve as more money is spent on R&D. Companies have to improve on their products so that they can get repeat customers. If they don't, a competitor will.As to what improvements are to be added? That comes from customer feedback and the company's engineering team to discover.
  • bmabsout
    bmabsout Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    r u sure? have u seen windows 8 cause its geared up for tablets and supports arm and uses alot less cpu and ram and is very suitable for tablets
  • anakin
    anakin Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    This article is hilarious and just shows how desperate iphone users are."The sample size of the survey was about 515 consumers". WOW, so the survey MUST be true. lol indeed.Sorry to tell you folks but Android phones were *already* outselling the iphone since march this year. And they will only get better with time. You want dual core performance? Get the Samsung Galaxy S2 or the Nexus Prime coming this october. You want a quad core phone? A bunch of them are coming early next year.Face it, people want choices and freedom.
  • jo
    jo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Verizon sucks rippoff atet sucks rippoff iphone apple sucks another rippoff . Android is better in the long run more freedom