Software-based Method to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.3 (Mac only)

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSoftware-based Method to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.3 (Mac only)

I was not playing favorite when I published the Software-based Method to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.3 (Windows only). It was the jailbreak method which was published first by iPhone hacker Natetrue as he was still working on the method that could be used by Mac users. However, it didn't seem...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Muzaffer
    Muzaffer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I don't think that I'll use this so-called jailbreak method. It doesn't update our baseband, so, what's the use?

It'll be better to wait for the Elite Team's jailbreak.. I hope they found a way to update and jailbreak iPhone's software completely with the new baseband.

• dna
    dna Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Updated mine this evening. did not go too smooth to start with. i updated mine using mac. use the run this which is pretty idiot proof. it downloads, loads the firmware etc, puts installer.app on the phone. then you run the soft updater from the installer. something to remember here that i forgot to do. set the auto-lock to never. i suspect this screwed it up for me, either that or my phone was full of too much crap. any how.. at that stage it went pete tong. so i reloaded fw 1.1.1 and repeat the jailbreakme process. then repeated the run this and looks to be working!!! all good. lost all my music, contacts, apps, photos etc. bit gutted bout the contacts going :o( m missus gonna screw when she thinks i am ignoring her lol.

be cool,

dna

• shane blyth
    shane blyth Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

If you read the comments on Nates page you'll see the huge list of people with disasters from this. There are alot of known issues and even if it does work some of the features don't actually work for alot if not all of the people that do it. I am staying a million miles away and think that I'll wait for the SDK and what happens there. It's not worth screwing your phone up. You dont seem to actually gain anything from 1.1.3 that is not available to some extent on a jailbroken phone anyway. Things like iSM do multiple SMS recipients for instance..

• CA$H
    CA$H Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

I think I will wait till feb only 3 weeks away...soon the gene will be let out of the bottle.