Software-based Method to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.3 (Windows only)

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSoftware-based Method to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.3 (Windows only)

This week we are, inevitably, transfixed on the jailbreak method for Apple iPhone latest firmware update v1.1.3. The iPhone hacker 'Natetrue' as promised has released the software-based Jailbreak method (Windows only) as I had reported yesterday. However, there have been some raised concerns about the legality of the jailbreak method...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

As far as i can find, the link doesn't tell you how to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.2, is it possible to roll back to 1.1.2 at all? Mine had 1.1.2 OTB.

• Slipknot666
    Slipknot666 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

man this sh@&#% bricked my iphone i followed all the steps and it bricked my iphone.
    can anyone tell me how to fix a bricked iphone? Thx

• g rod
    g rod Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

yes you can rollback. when ur in itunes, hit shift then click the restore under the iphone. it then lets u pick what file u want to restore from. if u cant find the 1.1.1 firmware email me and i can get it to you.
    then go to jailbreakme.com and jailbreak it, then do the 1.1.3 ibrickr jailbreak hack.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Slipknot666,

I am sorry to hear that the jailbreak method bricked your iPhone.

Natetrue has published an FAQ on how to restore your iPhone if things go horribly wrong.

Here is the link for your reference:
    http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/the-113-soft-upgrade-jailbreak-faq

Please do let me know if it helps.

cheers,
    iPhone Hacks

• Madblaster6
    Madblaster6 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I restored my phone to 1.1.1 installed oktekprep what ever it's called. Updated to 1.1.2 jailbreaked unlocked. Did the 1.1.3 method. Everything works great. Stays unlocked. I don't know about third party apps.

• g rod
    via Wordpress

um so ya why does the 1.1.3 soft upgrade not show up in my installer.

lovely

• g rod
    via Wordpress

nevermind i had to reinstall my community sources package.

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I upgraded mine from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 after failing from version 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 but i think that was due to earlier experiments i had done on my 1.1.2. I upgrade went fine, alot of the third party applications are working fine even though a few will install but take you to the home screen when you try to open them, i'm yet to try to t-zone hack again to see if it works on version 1.1.3. My only problem is my ringer is not working, i noticed after i saw so many missed calls on my phone. i tried to change the ring tones but none of them will ring when i hit on them and i'm talking about reinstalled ringtones not custom which i have none so for not my iphone only vibrates when i get a call. Will love any help i can get though i'm trying to see if i can fix it.

• Fingers
    via Wordpress

Ok, an OTB 1.1.2, upgraded to 1.1.3, CANNOT be rolled back to 1.1.2, 1.1.1 or any other older firmware, as far as i can tell, i just keep getting error message in itunes and my iphone screen shows the itunes logo with the cable below it! I'm stuck with this 1.1.3 crap!!! I'm not interested in unlocking my phone, i'm tied to a £45 a month tariff anyway, so why bother, just want my 3rd party apps back!

• stepan
    stepan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

For anybody thinking of upgrading, here is a list of things I found not working after upgrading to 1.1.3 using the method described:

1. iPhone does not ring, only vibrates
    2. email settings do not remember password, resulting in no connection to gmail (in my case)
    4. purchased videos can't be played!!!
    3. iTunes refuses to transfer rented videos

regards,

stepan

• Fingers
    via Wordpress

So far, it sounds to me like this 'leaked' jailbreak is pretty crap and more trouble than its worth! I desperately want my iPhone back to 1.1.2, but no desperate enough to have paid £269 plus £45 a month for 18 months, to end up with an iPod touch instead of an iPhone!

• stepan
    stepan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

a short update:
    in installer I just found patches that can resolve the no ring issue and the email password issues.

What remains a problem:
    1. rental movies don't transfer itunes says it can't connect to itunes store,
    2. movies purchased on iTunes do transfer but dont play on iphone
    3. my own movies converted to iPod screen format work ok.
    4. no preview of music in iphone's iTunes store
    5. music purchased on iTunes (both on phone and my computer) does not play on my iphone

• Fingers
    via Wordpress

If anyone has problems or thinks they've upgrated from OTB 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and can't use this, i found an absolute genius with a walk through! Check out:

http://jb113guide.blogspot.com/

• g rod
    via Wordpress

well i updated the firmware to 1.1.3 thru itunes. prior i had 1.1.1 on it.

then i followed the http://jb114guide.blogspot.com to go back to 1.1.1 and jailbreak and then do the natetrue method as in outlines in this link. it worked well and now the google maps radio feature does work as the update thru itunes updates the phones modem firmware and the regular natetrue soft update method doesnt.

here was my only hangup following the jb114guide. when you call the phone using the *#301# be ready to hit answer wicked wicked fast or else it disappears and phone just rings and u cant answer to do the rest of the process.

after that i had to do the ringtone fix to get ringtones back.

so far seems everything works right except the itunes store preview stuff. i never buy music off itunes so idk if those wills till play.

hopefully someone can work on a fix for this.

its nice to hear previews for new songs thru the phone so i know which ones i like real quick that i've heard on the radio and want to download.

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

i have a 16 gig out of the box running 1.1.3 can it be down graded ? i have tried but getting an error can some help me

• robyn
    robyn Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Can someone help me with finding the files to downgrade the itunes. I don't know where to go on my computer to find the files I need to delete so I can downgrade my itunes. Thanks in advance.