iCloud Server Update Causing Outage; Affecting Apple TV Users

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiCloud Server Update Causing Outage; Affecting Apple TV Users

It looks like quite a few Apple TV users are facing problems playing movies and TV shows purchased from iTunes, based on this Apple Discussion thread and complaints we've received from our readers.

Jon - one our readers who reported the issue, spoke to AppleCare representative, who informed him that the issue is due to the iCloud server update.

Jon writes:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Stu Wright
    Stu Wright Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have been unable to play any of my purchased iTunes content for about 48 hours. Every time I try to use my ape TV it tells me that it is unable to authenticate my apple ID and therefore can't establish a home share connection. I then check my ID by loggin into the iTunes store with my iPhone, iPad and Mac and they all work perfectly!
  • Adrian
    Adrian Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    I had problems too last night, the error message reported a computer auth problem. But repeated unauth re-auth did not work.Would have been nice to get an error message that was a bit more descriptive. A connectivity check from the Apple TV passed.
  • Jen
    Jen Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    I have not been able to get into my iCloud email for 2 days now...there doesn't seem to be a widespread outage, but it's affecting my mail. I can get into Contacts and Calendar though. Very strange. Can't wait for this to get out of beta.
  • Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress
    It appears the issue is now resolved. Full functionality returned this morning.