Will Apple Offer iPhone 3GS For Free With 2-Year Contract Or Unlocked iPhone 3GS For $349?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWill Apple Offer iPhone 3GS For Free With 2-Year Contract Or Unlocked iPhone 3GS For $349?

When Apple launches the next generation iPhone at the Let's talk iPhone event tomorrow, Apple is also expected to introduce an 8GB iPhone 4, which will be the new entry level iPhone that will be available for $99, replacing two generations old iPhone 3GS.

But we're hearing murmurs that Apple may not discontinue iPhone 3GS tomorrow and instead offer the 8GB iPhone 3GS for free with a two-year contract.

Read the full story here

Comments

• D Money
    D Money Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    right on, Apple! $349 w/out contract is what Ineed..That's the model I've had for two years. It does everything I need an iPhone to do, despite having all the latest gidgets/gadgets. My original iPhone 8GB is pretty much used for Angry Birds marathons--the battery lasts forever!
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    I think the 3GS is about $450 outright here now. Would be good if it gets cheaper so more ppl can get there hands on one
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
  • Fyta
    Fyta Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    I think iOS 5 is compatible with 3GS for the same reason iOS 4 was compatible with 3G; the iPhone 4 wasn't announced yet. Then, iOS 4 dropped the 3G after iOS 4.1 after 4 was out. I think iOS 5 will come out along with a new phone, get some updates and improvements after feedback, and then drop support for 3GS after iOS 5.1.