Live Coverage Of ‘Let’s Talk iPhone’ Event

Comments

• Great8
    Great8 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I dont get what everyone was moaning about. Apple never promised a redesigned phone every year. In fact the pattern of past iphone would show that we most likely werent going to get a redesign this year. There was also zero evidence that there would be a redesign; no leaked parts, only a few knock off cases in china. On top of that I dont want a larger screen. The phone is already big enough. I dotn want to carry around a larger phone in my pocket... no reason for a bigger screen other than numbers.only thing I wish Apple had thrown in and didnt was an upgrade to the maps app with turn by turn and better traffic
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    Yeah it's a dissapointment but the exciting thing is the iOS 5. That's rad and that's what I've been waiting for.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    ...there is no joy in Mudville — mighty Casey has struck out.
  • Boozy513
    Boozy513 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    A phone is a phone no matter what, if a drops is so much better then go 2 their website or release date.... O yea they don't have any. Apple has revolutionized the world!!!!! A stood will not last as long as a iPhone will. Cuz notbuying the new iPhone will not hurt their pockets, cuz have u ever heard of a stood selling out n minutes!!!!!
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Actually, bigger screen? Why? :/I have an iPad for movies and a MacBook Pro for anything else as well as a media server and aTV.I love it, I def want one.
  • Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    What about 3g compatibility with tmobile?
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Unfortunately no, only the iphone 4s will have siri assistance built in. previous models won't have them.
  • CTREV08
    CTREV08 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    I did the same 2 I have had every iPhone up till now I was a huge fan boy but it was taking to long to release so I got the of thrill until it came out well the more i used it the better it got way more custemizable if i wanted to do thiz stuff on an iphone i would have to jail break then install a bunch of extenisons that slowed my phone down and make it crash all the time. My screen is way bigger than my iphone 4. Just as nice of a screen. Has dual core plus dual memory. And to top it of i have 3d which i thoight was a gimmick at first but theres no better way to show off your phone than putting on avatar in 3d or take a 3d video. I was still hoping iphone 5 would blow me away. The main thing i wanted was a bigger screen cause i could never go back to that small iphone screen. But its stats are about tied with mine and my thrill shoots 1080p and 720p in 3d which i can hook up to any 3d tv. The biggest feature is this voice bs. Hah hate to brake it to ya but my phone has that to all i got to do is press the mic button on my keyboard and it does all the same things. The funny thing is i barely use it unless i am by myself cause i fell wired talking to my cell phone. Its a cool feature my dad uses it for everything but it is really not a big deal to me. Looks like the iphone raign is finally over just a few months ago i would have defended iphone any day but it looks like there just playing catch up now. 16 months for a better camera a outdated processor and virtural ai. I dont see spending 300$ on that. ps. My lg thrill 3d was 49.99 at target good bye apple u had a good run but just like the apple 2 days ur raing is over.
  • Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    What about 3g compatibility for tmobile? Good news?
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Also, I will stick to my iphone 4 and wait for the iphone 5. It's not a huge update afterall, I can wait for the iphone 5, and iphone 5 will have siri assistance included.
  • Divxclub
    Divxclub Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    I am extremely disappointed with Apple. New iPhone is disgrace to Apple and in general to iPhone engineering labs.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    So let's take stock in what happened. Here's what the consumer wants:1. Redesigned iPhone2. Speech to text - voice assistantHere's what Apple delivers:1. Tons of hardware upgrades that we don't really need since the iPhone is already fast2. Speech to text - voice assistant3. Dual antenna and world phone (CDMA and GSM in one phone).In order to add the dual antenna feature and world phone, they would have had to redesign the phone's casing anyway! That means they had to spend money on new manufacturing equipment.Think about that, they bought new equipment to manufacture these iPhone 4S's anyway, so the cost to change the general design of the case (ie: a tapered design to look more like an iPad or even just some other minimal change) would have been next to nothing and would have satisfied the consumer. I'm shocked that no one at Apple realized that and spoke up, just a simple redesign wouldn't have cost them much and would have made consumers much happier. Right now I'm pretty unimpressed by Apple.
  • Christoph
    Christoph Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Any word on an unlocked, no-contract 4S? I'm traveling a lot out of the country and generally buy a local SIM card. I've waited with upgrading to see what would come out today and I want to go with a 4S if possible instead of with a 4.
  • fireknight25
    fireknight25 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Way to go Tim, you screw up your first assignment as the CEO of Apple and you give us trash! Steve, we want you back! This guy doesn't know what he is doing. Say good bye to your stocks and share holder, Apple. Good luck next year, you should have learned from your previous trash the "iPhone3GS" and the fact that people don't like knock off of previous designs. We want innovation not reduplication.
  • Thenip
    Thenip Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Fucking dissapontment!!! No 4g Lite or bigger screen...give me a break...no need to upgrade for this bs...contemplating on switching to an android phone with 4g...ATT 3G is piece of **** and I'm tired of paying a premium just for having an iPhone 4 with **** 3G speed
  • bandrax
    bandrax Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    All this for iphone4S... Im good with my iphone4. thank you.
  • Scotch
    Scotch Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Wow. I was expecting more. Way more. But it's apple it will e good getting it when it come s out
  • Israelfox
    Israelfox Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Wow this was dissapointing ill stick with my iphone 4 i dont see the point of waisting my upgrade
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    I didn't buy the iPhone 4 last year to wait all this time for another one?BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!!
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    can anyone tell what will be the price of " iPhone 4s without any carrier plan "
  • Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress
    None of what you've said really matters if it makes people happy. But the problem is the coltan and rare earth minerals used in all devices like these.They are mined by exploited and enslaved people in authoritarian countries, under stewardship of evil mining corporations. It makes mobile phones the new blood diamonds of the world.We really need our scientists to develop resource recovery and recycling of rare earth elements - and our politicians and diplomats and independent humanitarian organisations to lobby and advocate for greater labour protection, dignity and fair remuneration around the world.Then we can all have iphones! ... and jphones, kphones, etc... whatever we want, guilt free.
  • Gustavo
    Gustavo Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    Who is the puppet?...and Apple is the pupetter.
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    I just can't believe Siri wasn't included in IOS5. Does it really take an A5 processor to run Siri? I have an iPhone 4 and will probably stick with it 'til something 'special' really comes out. The Galaxy S2 is not the answer for me. I don't think I could even fit that massive thing in my pocket. It's honestly just a smaller tablet. So who is gonna go to Sprint now that they finally jumped on the band wagon...haha, yeah right.
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    Well, I haven't got my HTC Evo 3D yet, but (recent HTC security hole, notwithstanding) I will still bypass iphone4s.Siri is the most intriguing feature so far, that I'll miss by not going iphone. More memory and a better video/photo camera is definitely a worthy if unexciting upgrade.
  • the ghost
    the ghost Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Ive been an iPhone fan since day one..i lost my iPhone 4 and decided to try out the droid (lg g2x) and i haven't looked back since...the things you can do on a droid is amazing!!
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Dear Iphonehacks, will Siri work on iphone 4 with ios5 or just on iphone4s?
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Dear Iphonehacks, will Siri work on iphone4 with ios5 or only on iphone4s?
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Glad there's no 4g would be a waste since 3G isn't perfect ....iPhone 4s a nice phone, can't beleave faggots are moaning about design...just fashion fanboys....
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Siri is exclusively available on iPhone 4S, however we can count on the jailbreak community to figure out a way to get it to work on the iPhone 4, however, we're not sure if it will be able to work as well due to lower hardware specs.
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    No surprise here!!! Oh BTW if ur us it's stupid bur if ur Apple then it's smart business