Apple iTunes v7.6 News: Manually Manage Music and Videos

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Apple iTunes v7.6 News: Manually Manage Music and Videos

iTunes 7.6 News: Manually Manage Music and Videos Along with the news of Apple iPhone Firmware v1.1.3 release, I had mentioned that Apple had also released iTunes v7.6, which features support for iTunes Movie rentals and tweaks for the iPhone. However, there was another great feature that was released which...

Read the full story here

Comments

• shane blyth
    shane blyth Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I thought that if we had a jailbroken iphone we cant use the latest itunes.
    Mine has a turbosim and jailbroken so can i update to latest version of itunes without stuffing it up or not ?

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

NO, the 1.1.3 update kills the jailbreak and causes problems! I had an OTB 1.1.2, which i jailbroke, it took 4 hours to finally sort the iPhone after the update cancelled halfway through, essentially leaving the phone blank! And, apparentely, if you ever want to use the 1.1.2 software way of unlocking the iPhone, which is due very soon, do not update! To be honest, the update isn't worth it anyway, you can do much more with 3rd party apps than the 1.1.3 can do!

• anubis
    anubis Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

shane you can update to the new itunes w/ no problems

• shane blyth
    shane blyth Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Yeah I know 1.1.3 was a no go it was JUST itunes 7.6 that I was thinking of updating..
    so definitley fine for itunes... excellent i'll give it go later
    thanks

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

Sorry, my fault, itunes is no problem! I'm gonna learn to read first thing monday morning!!!!

• zebcreed
    zebcreed Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

If U R not much of a hacker and used Independence to jailbreak Ur phone, be aware that it isn't currently compatable with the new iTunes. I use Independence to turn SSH off and on so I can use Cyberduck to tweak around in the system. I had to reinstall iTunes 7.5 which was kind of a pain in the arse.

• codecharmeleon
    codecharmeleon Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

has anyone really actually had issues managing their music... i submit if you did you probably have no business jailbreaking your phone in the first place.

• TouchGeek.com
    TouchGeek.com Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Well in all honesty I'm not a huge fan of jailbreaking but then I'm one of those nutjobs who brought the iphone because of all the cool features it has by default and actually enjoys those features.

Granted, some of the apps are really cool but from a usage standpoint I barely have enough time in a day to use the features my phone has already.. So when a new firmware update comes out with a few extra bells and whistles and fixes things that were a problem in past versions I'm an even happier camper... Call me easy to please. :)

• Unlock iPhone
    Unlock iPhone Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I know so many people who were anxiously awaiting this feature. Apple definitely got it right this time around.

• joon
    joon Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

iTunes 7.6 freezes frequently. Wait for newer version.

• joon
    joon Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

That is iTunes 7.6 for Windows freezes frequently. Don't know about Mac, but there seems to be quite a few angry folks out there who experienced the same thing as I.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Any way to jailbreak a at&t iphone with 1.1.3 already on it??

Please help

• Random Guy
    Random Guy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I had a problem with itunes 7.6 freezing (well, more specifically, it would crash at startup). After tracking down the issue, it turned out to be that quicktime was the culprit. I uninstalled both itunes and quicktime, cleared out all registry entries associated with the two applications, deleted the temporary installer files from %user%/temp, deleted all file related to quicktime in the %winroot%/system32, restarted my computer, downloaded the standalone installer for quicktime, installed quicktime and tested to make sure it was working (which it wasn't at first, meaning i missed some files somewhere), re-did the above again *sigh*, got quicktime to finally work, then reinstalled itunes, and voila! it loaded fine and hasn't crashed or froze (yet). In short, if you had itunes on your machine before installing the new version, don't be surpised with random problems (no, solely using the uninstaller provided by apple to remove either app before re-installing does not solve the problem). Just for quicks, I installed itunes 7.6/quicktime on a machine that had neither using only the itunes installer, and i had no problems. crappy installer it is indeed