Apple Launches AppleCare+ For iPhone Users; Extended Warranty Also Covers Accidental Damage

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Launches AppleCare+ For iPhone Users; Extended Warranty Also Covers Accidental Damage

Apple has introduced a new product called AppleCare+ for iPhone users. AppleCare+ will be available for $99 and it essentially extends the 90 day technical support and one year of hardware repair coverage that you get when you buy an iPhone, to two years.

Apple’s new extended warranty coverage for the iPhone will be available from October 14th - iPhone 4S launch day.  

Read the full story here

Comments

• Zero
    Zero Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I work for att our insurance is now 6.99 with a 199.99 deductible for all iPhones. Please update your article. Thanks!
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Thanks for pointing it out, we've update the post with the latest premium and deductibles. But $199 seriously? What is AT&T thinking?
  • Troy
    Troy Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Good, Apple needs to take money from Squaretrade and others like that, I used one of these services for my ipad and after a cracked screen got repaired it came back and never worked the same, would 100% go with applecare+ if I was getting the 4s, unfortunately looks like i'm jumping off the Apple ship, Nexus Prime here I come!
  • Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    Bye bye, sorry to see you go! ;-) the iPhone 4s queue is getting shorter by the minute, it's great!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Well Apple offers this in the U.S.
  • Moose
    Moose Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Bestbuy offers a similar warranty as the applecare+. It's alittle more for a two year coverage but does not have a deductible or limit to repairs. Only downside is that there is a 2 day wait for the new phone. The offer it for iPads as well, I have done it twice for my iPad and I got a new one in store within 30 min of breaking it each time.