4G LTE iPhone Launch Unlikely Until At Least Q3 2012

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
image4G LTE iPhone Launch Unlikely Until At Least Q3 2012

It was widely expected that Apple won't launch a 4G LTE iPhone this year, so it didn't come as a surprise that iPhone 4S - Apple's fifth generation iPhone unveiled at yesterday's Let's talk iPhone event didn't support 4G LTE networks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WritingForProfit
    WritingForProfit Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    I really don't expect another iphone release this summer. It's likely that they've changed their strategy to a fall release.
  • The bazik
    The bazik Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Still not satisfied... I skipped upgrading to IP4 because I was expecting a totally different iphone but now I can't even take the SGII because of all the apps I bought in the last 3 years, it will be like throwing money out of the windows... It's another 2 years on contract with a phone I am forced to get because my 3GS is ageing now... That was a fail Apple
  • The bazik
    The bazik Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Still not satisfied... I skipped upgrading to IP4 because I was expecting a totally different iphone but now I can't even take the SGII because of all the apps I bought in the last 3 years, it will be like throwing money out of the windows... It's another 2 years on contract with a phone I am forced to get because my 3GS is ageing now...
  • iRSX
    iRSX Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    What's wrong with releasing a half version every year rather than a full refresh every year? This is what Intel does with their CPU's "Tick-Tock" refresh cycling. One generation they come out with a totally new desgin/architecture/etc that typically results in a huge jump in performance and a second generation they do a slight speed bump plus power savings etc. The latter is the "Tick" and the former is the big "TOCK". My point for this is that it seems fine to me to designate the next iPhone as the "5" if Apple's going with the same cycle patterning as Intel, which so far they appear to be doing:iPhone 1st gen (2G) -> 3G = TOCK!iPhone 2nd gen (3G) -> 3GS = TickiPhone 3rd gen (3GS) -> 4 = TOCK!!iPhone 4th gen -> 4S = TickiPhone 5th gen (4S) -> 5 (6th gen) = TOCK!!!(and by "gen" I really mean iteration, not a whole new generation)Anyway, so far it looks like this for iPhone 5 (screw you, I don't want to call it 6):- New design- Retina display, no doubling but might reach 720p resolution...but unlikely- An A6 processor (maybe)- NFC (I'm pretty sure Apple wants to compete with Google on this)- Improved Siri- 8MP camera with further improvement in optics (maybe, I don't think it'll get higher res)- Shoots lasers, teleportation, and time travel (BETA ONLY)
  • navyporscheguy
    navyporscheguy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    If you spent all that money on apps you shoulf have considered a jailbreak. I say keep doing it; makes my stock better. As far as not being able to upgrade it sounds like its a fail on your part.
  • Texan
    Texan Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    Rumors can ruin everything!
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I still have my 3gs and am waiting for the ios5 update on the 12th to see if I want to upgrade my iPhone. I really want to wait for the 4gLTE to upgrade.
  • Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress
    More rumors already? Seriously? The damn iPhone 4S was just announced yesterday and isn't even out yet and this site is already sparking rumors about the next one. What happened to being glad that the announcement was here so we could put all of these rumors to rest? This site should be renamed to iPhone Rumors. All of these stories are just recycled from MacRumors these days anyway. I might as well just start reading it there and get my info an hour or two earlier.
  • WritingForProfit
    WritingForProfit Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    In all honesty, what were most of us really expecting? Would it have been any different if they slapped on the name iphone 5 and made it slightly thinner?The 4s makes sense in the next evolutionary step of iphones. Competitors can slap on LTE 4g, quad core processors, etc., but what good would that do for the user experience? It's just tech jargon for the geeks. Put those android phones side by side with an iphone 4s for common tasks, then you can talk about speed and reliability. That's what it comes down to.Apple sells the user experience while android sells specs. Choose the phone/network that works best for you and be done with it. The next best thing will always be around the corner.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    If you don't want to read rumors, you can always skip the articles, no one is forcing you to read the article. If you don't have anything valuable to add or discuss that is relevant to the article other than complaint then zip it and go visit MacRumors. Good riddance!
  • Duke
    Duke Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    Well said. what good is the hardware of the software and user experience are sacrificed. It boggles my mind that so many people are saying "This is crap...I'm getting an android phone so I can have a 1.2 Ghz processor" seriously?! If you want to get an android phone get it because it's a better phone for your needs, not because apple didn't give you the specs you wanted so you're going to the next best thing.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    They delay is too much, Apple should hurry.
  • Moose
    Moose Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    It's not apple's way to release something that will only have coverage in small portions of cities. ie. Verizon LTE service, not to mention having the battery drained when you turn it on. Apple will wait till next year when all carriers have a LTE network and they can improve performance and style. I have seen the 4g phones out there and it's like having my old motorola cell phone from 1993, a 'brick!' no thanks I'll stick with apple!
  • Eslink
    Eslink Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    We will have to wait intill the fall of 2012 for a new iPhone that will once agien change everything ... I got a year on my contract I will wait...