AT&T Upgrade Eligibility For iPhone 4S Broken Down

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Upgrade Eligibility For iPhone 4S Broken Down

Now that the new iPhone 4S pre-orders are right around the corner, most subscribers are scrambling to see if they are eligible for an upgrade.

TheNextWeb spoke to AT&T and also to their readers who are AT&T's iPhone customers and got a wealth of insight as to what's involved in determining upgrade eligibility. Regardless of whether you are or aren't, keeping these tenets in mind may help give you an idea of what's in store for you and what you can do to turn things in your favor.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    Soon as I sell my iPhone 4 jailbroken on iOS 5 I will upgrade to the iPhone 4s
  • navyporscheguy
    navyporscheguy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have looked at the early cancellation prices. Att is 175. If i sell ip4 get 300 that covera upgrade woth applecare. Then when ip5 comes out, if they wont upgrade me, ill sell the phone pay the cancellation because it goes down 5 dollars each month so it would be 100 dollars(theoretically) thwn move to sprint to get ip5. Bam! Do it again for ip6!
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    It's cheaper to just cancel your account for 175 and go to Sprint for unlimited data.
  • new42
    new42 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    i wont go to sprint because there phone wont use sim cards :) and I sell my use phone in Mexico pro $600 each year
  • KingofKings
    KingofKings Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    An early termination fee is not $175. It's around $300 last time I heard for an iPhone. It's not that easy to get around AT&T.
  • Dan Bradley
    Dan Bradley Posts: 81
    via Wordpress
    I am pretty sure the termination fee is prorated and a certain amount is deducted each month, maybe $10 and you only pay the remaining amount. So say the fee is $300 and you have 4 months left on your contract you minus $200 for the 20 months you were on the plan. This is how it was explained to me at ATT store about a year ago.
  • iDroid7
    iDroid7 Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    att sent me email state my data plan to tier plan $45..because they detect tethering from my phone. i called to rectify the matter asap.. they did not want to hear it.. so i told them i was jumping ship... rep said and I quote : " oh well if thats ur choice, fine! $175 please" so i hang up on them. now i am a proud member of simple mobile.. next phone will be a droid galaxy s 3
  • sillygoat
    sillygoat Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    everyone thats into iphones bought the iphone 4 (millions)... it would be dumb for them not to let people upgrade early... considering the fact that the iphone 4s isnt much of a change from iphone 4 a lot of people arent going to be buying the iphone 4s and resulting in them losing money. Not saying that the iphone 4s isnt going to sell because for sure it will do good. But it still will affect their sales expectations. If the new iphone 5 comes out and we bought the iphone 4s.. are they expecting us to pay the $250 again!?
  • wolverine2281
    wolverine2281 Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    I agree. We will have to pay again. I have decided, for now, to wait another year. My contract is up mid-nov. Didn't something similar happen when the 3GS came out so soon after the the 3G? Apple refunded some money to people who upgraded? Maybe from 2G to 3G, don't remember
  • Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    exactly. my buyer's on ebay aren't always americans.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I've been with AT&T for years. Way before the first iPhone came out. I have an unlimited text messaging plan but not an unlimited phone plan. What do I get: I'm not eligible until November 24, 2011. My next question is what is my termination fee: $175.00 I thanked them an hung up. Yes my termination fee has gone down and I immediately went to the Sprint store. What has this done: I'm not thinking of switching to Android big time. Thanks AT&T for more really caring about your customers.
  • Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress
    Anybody think that att will be forced to lower plan rates now that Sprint is offering a lower price?
  • Texan
    Texan Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    let's have a going away party! woooohoooooo
  • Bnk
    Bnk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The cancellation fee for ATT with a smartphone is $375
  • Apple fan boy
    Apple fan boy Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    You make no sense towards the end.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    sprint will change AT&T
  • Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress
    I wanna know how much it would be without a contract.
  • Dawn
    Dawn Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Just log in to your account on AT&T site. Easiest way to see if you're eligible and how much. I'm without contract (because I bought my phone overseas). If I upgrade, then I have to sign a two year contract. B.S.!Now -- if you are going to buy one that is jail-breakable from somewhere else, you can figure 200 to 300 more than what Apple will sale them for.
  • K20DC2R
    K20DC2R Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Choose another carrier and they will pay the early termination....there are ways around the fee, just ask. they really want to steal your business from another provider to get you onto their network.
  • iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    Iphone 4S have both CDMA and GSM.. 1 phone for all 3 carrier.. It will still have a sim tray even if you go to Verizon or Sprint.
  • El Hache
    El Hache Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Where do you sell your phone? Where can I find Mexico pro?