iPhone 4S Sold Out For Launch Day In Less Than 24 Hours At Apple

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4S Sold Out For Launch Day In Less Than 24 Hours At Apple

Despite the issues Apple and its carrier partners faced with iPhone 4S pre-orders, it looks like iPhone 4S has been sold out for the launch day delivery in less than 24 hours after it was available for pre-order.

The shipping estimates for new iPhone 4S on Apple's online store have slipped to 1 - 2 weeks. International shipping estimates for iPhone 4S had already slipped to 1 - 2 weeks earlier.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Apple fan boy
    Apple fan boy Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    WOW this just proves how much power Apple has over its consumers. Most people demanded a redesigned iPhone 5 and had stated they would not upgrade if it was just an iPhone 4S. But I guess these minor improvements and features were enough to make the people decide to spend their money on a new Apple product.
  • Shalashaska
    Shalashaska Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    as much as i wanted an aesthetically different iphone..i dont think it was by any means a minor improvement...the shift from 3gs to 4 had very similar upgrdes and people went crazy over it...i do however maintain that a newer looking iphone would have been nice...but i will let my 3gs go now as im in love with the 4s :D
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    No matter what happens i will keep up to date with every iphone model :)
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Imagine if it was iPhone 5 what would have happened?
  • RR
    RR Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Goes to show how dumb some people are to buy this crap. Almost the same phone as the iPhone 4 except the dual core cpu. Its a waste of money. Small screen 1ghz dual core? Why bother when there 1.2ghz dual core phones out there with 4.3 and 4.5 inch screens.
  • KewlGai
    KewlGai Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    i had iphone 2g, 3g, 3gs, 4 and an htc desire hd, all i can say android sucks! it's that os and the one hand operation that makes the BIG difference in owning iphones!
  • psp
    psp Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
    samsung closed down?
  • Chaos03
    Chaos03 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    @RR: If all you are looking at is numbers, you will be mislead at every turn. The iPhone has consistently out-performed the competition with seemingly smaller stat lines. The A5 processor is one of the best on the market for mobile platforms. The iPhone screen size far more functional than any 4.5" screen because of 1 handed use. Most people cannot fully manipulate a 4.5" screen single handed. It's hard to reach all four corners in most cases. There are other great phones out there, but the iPhone 4S is not a waste and it is clearly a superior product to most high end smart phones now.
  • Dwain
    Dwain Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    I need a new phone. I'm currently using a 3G. Got the order in early AM yesterday and it is showing on Apple that is will arrive on the opening day.. Oh... Ya! Take a bit out of that... :)
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    @RR:How can you call people DUMB?! When you sir are as clueless as they come. "the only difference is the dual core CPU" ????Really???How about 8 mp camera with 1080P HD video with image stabilization?How about SIRI?How about HDSPA support for AT&T with faster download speeds?How about improved antenna?Oh yea ... and the new CPU .. thats just 7X faster.... ebay instant buy will net you $267 on their instant sale website for a 16 GB iPhone 4; and, you can get the new iPhone 4s with 2 year contract for $199. (no brainer there)You sir is just plain ignorant to base your whole argument on a single feature. Thats like saying the Japs are militarily superior because they kicked are ass at Pearl Harbor.Will I be upgrading .... No ... I am happy with my iPhone 4 and don't want to wait another 2 years to purchase a new phone. But, the people upgrading today certainly are not "DUMB".
  • Jrmedic19
    Jrmedic19 Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    Well said Paradox. I couldn't have said it better. Everyone who has ever used an apple product for longer than a month knows that apple products just plain work better, run smoother, are easier to interface with. That has always been the goal of apple. As you said, if we only look at specifications there are better equipped phones, but again that's only half of the puzzle. An intuitively designed software coupled with the device specs will continuously out perform it's competitor. I get so tired of all this nay saying. And I'm not an apple "fan boy", I just know my tech and know what I like. If you like something else that's your prerogative. Android OS is a well built system with it's share of super shi**y AND it's very powerful devices, while iOS is also well built. The iP4s is a welcome upgrade from my 3Gs. Enjoy restarting your device every few days. My money will go to apple until something better comes out.
  • Ashzzzz
    Ashzzzz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Have you ever wonderd there are people that were still on the old iPhone 3G/S? or people that didnt want to pay to upgrade to the iPhone 4 at that time? for my situation am still holding my iPhone 3G thats why i pre-orderd.
  • WritingForProfit
    WritingForProfit Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    Actually, you forgot one major factor. The ones voicing their opinions online are a very small percentage of the consumer base. This group is composed of tech geeks from Apple fans and Android fans who absolutely hate everything Apple.The majority of consumers don't post their opinions online. We'll see Apple haters on every Apple related article online, but the fact is that there are millions who love Apple products and we'll never hear from them.
  • Fuck you
    Fuck you Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    Dwain- take a bite of this :----
  • I-King
    I-King Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Mark i love your taste I stay updated as well every model. Prolly cause att lets me update every year with the discount pricing but thats just another reason why ATT rules
  • BigDaddy
    BigDaddy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I don't think people realized that the iPhone 4S is actually new in every way from the inside. New processor, new bluetooth 4.0, new antenna system, new baseband chip making it a world phone and new upgraded camera system with video stabilization. Yes they kept the old iphone 4 design and why not? It's a timeless design. Should Porsche come out with a new design every year like Hondas and Toyotas? Apple knows this design is top notch. My coworker just got a new Android phone which is really nice I must say, but when place next to the iPhone 4 it still looks cheap. I've used many Android phones and i can tell you it still needs lots of work.
  • HUY TRAN
    HUY TRAN Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I owned the first iphone unlocked for t mobile.. The 3G .. The 3GS and the Iphone 4.. I also switched carriers and owned the samsung captivate galaxy s and the HTC EVO... All great phones.. But apple phones are the best.. I paid 545 dollars for an early upgrade for the new iphone 4S black 32gb... I am a apple owner for life....
  • Apple guy
    Apple guy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I woke up early Friday morning and apples site was overloaded and went down for construction. I got mine ordered, getting delivered on the 14th :)