Apple Reportedly Has 1,000 Engineers Working On Chips For Post-PC Products

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Reportedly Has 1,000 Engineers Working On Chips For Post-PC Products

Apple has more than a thousand engineers working on mobile processors, according to a "Veteran" Silicon Valley CEO who knew Steve Jobs personally. Characterized by their low power consumption and high performance, these chips are a vital part of the "Post-PC" future Apple is betting on.

Apple employees more than 50,000 people, out of which 30,000 work in retail. The thousand employees working on next generation chips amount to five percent of the company's non-retail staff.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jlluna
    Jlluna Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    That's Great news! That is why apple is so far ahead of everyone.I have been very happy with every product i have purchased from apple, and i see they just keep striving to be better.
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    So, now that iphone4s is out, we have to report yet more rumours and unsubstantiated gossip on other Apple business?? Get more jailbreak/unlock/cydia apps info and tutorials already!
  • vic
    vic Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Since they dont have any real news... They dont have anything else to post. Im so happy all the BS this dudes posted about the inminent iPhone 5 didnt pan out. Left them right on the spot. Its all speculation and wishful thinking. Gotta tell you, every single day im a little bit less compelled to come back to this blog.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Apologies, we will try our best to do a better job, but you probably know by now that we cover more than just hacks and tweaks just like MacRumors, which covers more than just rumors. We genuinely felt it was interesting to see how Apple has been thinking with its Post PC strategy and what we can expect from Apple in the future.
  • Ersh`
    Ersh` Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    This is some amazing news! keep em coming! and its my first post in this blog since a year :)gr8 work!!
  • WritingForProfit
    WritingForProfit Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    There's no need to apologize. The new posts keep the content here fresh on a daily basis. Some sites I visit are off on the weekends, and two days without fresh content gets boring.Besides, most of us just skip over articles that don't interest us anyway. Keep up the great work!
  • jess
    jess Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I agree with Zolk and Vic. This blog has become pretty lame. Their posts are hardly ever interesting and they are often late to report actual breaking news. I used to dislike people complaining about exactly that, but the past few months, I have begun to see their point. This blog should not be called "iphonehacks". It is misleading, considering how little they post actual jailbreak and cydia material. A better name would be "iphonegossip".
  • Sunit
    Sunit Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Great work guys.I understand some people may want cydia/hacking news only, but I personally I think this site is great!!keep it up guys, and thanks.
  • KR
    KR Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    Anything apple should be fair to post on this site!Like anything else iphonehacks evolves to more than just jailbreak news
  • vic
    vic Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    I dont want to sound like an ass. But really...its the feeling im getting lately on this blog. The latest posts about iCloud are great. Its the rumors that are getting on my nerves. More guides and news about JB apps (there are a lot of new jb BTW) would be great.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    That means other than the iPod, iPad and iPhone. another device is on the horizon.