Apple's Informal Free Replacement Policy To End With AppleCare+

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's Informal Free Replacement Policy To End With AppleCare+

Apple's generous replacement policy has been appreciated by a number of people who got their damaged products replaced for free, without any hassle. With Apple's introduction of AppleCare+, this informal free replacement policy is going to end soon, reports MacRumors.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    can pretty much do anything (except water damaage) through ifixit.com - i replaced my front glass panel with a $40 amazon.com replacement.
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    Are current iPhone owners who are not upgrading going to be able to purchase Applecare+? Or will we have to wait until we break our phones and pay the 199$ fee plus the reduced 50$ for the Applecare+ plan?
  • geekinit
    geekinit Posts: 65
    via Wordpress
    Apple replaced my iPad 2 when a relative of mine dropped it and broke the glass. We drove 2 hours to visit the Apple Store. I bought a MacBook Air a week later. True story. Sad to see this being phased out. iPhone 4S is in Alaska.
  • Apple
    Apple Posts: 105
    via Wordpress
    We are going to SCREW the customers now!! HAHAHAA since Steve Bjob is gone!
  • Pangicide
    Pangicide Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Let's scapegoat Tim Cook for allowing to happen!! Booooooooooo...It's not like you selling millions and millions of iPhones, and make that much money, anyway. I guess it doesn't bother us to charge us an extra 30 dollars plus replacement fees. Please, take my first child, too.
  • InlineR
    InlineR Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    You guys are over reacting, tell me any other cell phone company that would replace your phone on the spot if indeed it was a manufactures defect.. Apple stores are great one on one personal service and most problems are fixed with a short genius bar visit.
  • moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
    true that. so sad that just cuz the man with a heart of gold leaves his golden company and it turns to ****.
  • WritingForProfit
    WritingForProfit Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    Apple's exchange policy has been too relaxed and people have been taking advantage of it. Blame those people for this. If you compare their exchange policy to other companies, you'll find that it's still the best.
  • Answer
    Answer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Out of 6 iPhone 4 I've used, 4 of them were replaced and one was replaced twice. They had service phones in stock but none to sell when it first came out? They knew there was a high defective rate so they kept people quiet by replacing them. Nobody complains when they get a new one at no cost right? They've probably worked out the kinks in the 4s so they don't need to offer a free replacement anymore. Seriously, did you have yours replaced before or know of someone who did?
  • Ros
    Ros Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    applecare+ replacement would cost 149$, while no applecare would cost 199?a 50$ difference? one better to take his chances..
  • rh
    rh Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    An intelligent comment.
  • Code blue
    Code blue Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I think with apple+ u get a new iPhone ... But with out apple+ u get a Refurbished one. At least that's how I thought it worked, If anyone can confirm this that would help. My refurbished iPhone 3GS had no problems and was like new anyway.
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    Steve is gone for a few days and apple is already going south :/
  • DEWAYNE
    DEWAYNE Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I cracked the screen on my iPad 2. I took it to the Apple store and they replaced it absolutely free......no questions asked! How can I complain about that!
  • Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress
    Im both happy and sad about this. When I first bought the iPhone guy told me that the apple care plan would cover this new "gorilla glass" for the iPhone 4. When my back glass broke they told me this was incorrect and replaced it for 30 bucks which wasn't bad. Broke a second time so i went back to replace it again and ask to get a prorated refund on my apple care plan since it didn't do what I bought it for, he offered me a new phone (awesome) good cuz i didn't have to pay anything other than the care plan bad cuz its a crap shot on whether they do it or not. So its nice to have the security with this new plan, but you said there is a 50 buck deductible along with the extra price for the new care plan??? that's not cool...
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    WARNING This is USA policy. AppleCare for 4S in UK doesn't include accidental damage at all so it is pretty worthless.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Oh common Apple, you have 76 billion, dont behave like this.
  • g rod
    g rod Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    This is not true. The phones still have a one year limited warranty as always. They cannot charge you for warranty replacement or else it wouldn't be a warranty. Look on your preorder receipt. 1 year warranty that covers charger,cable,phone, earbuds etc. Macrumors doesn't know wtf they are talking about
  • g rod
    g rod Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    And seeing as a general rule apple comes out with a new phone annually I'm always under warranty. Every year I've always sold my old iPhone on eBay and made enough to buy the new one. New phone every year for free and always under warranty. Not a bad gig
  • Eugene Tamura
    Eugene Tamura Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    My daughter dropped her ipad2 and shattered the glass and we took it to the Apple Store and they replaced the unit for free no questions asked. I was in another Apple Store a few weeks later and a Genius Bar tech noticed that I had a small crack in the glass of my iphone 4 and he asked if I wanted a new one. I said really? YES PLEASE and he gave me a new one no questions asked. Sorry to see this policy go.
  • GoodMoney
    GoodMoney Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    "It replaces the previous $69 AppleCare, and extends the warranty period to two years even covering accidental damage to iPhones."They state here that it extends the warranty to two years... how don't they know what they're talking about? But on two your second comment... for guys like you and myself who grab the news phones annually we're alwats covered... at no additional cost lol.
  • GoodMoney
    GoodMoney Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I'm not fixing my typos---- just creating another reply acknowledging them. Lmfao.