Native iPhone App: iSMS - Allows you to Send SMS to Multiple Recipients and to do lots more

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNative iPhone App: iSMS - Allows you to Send SMS to Multiple Recipients and to do lots more

The SMS application in the iPhone is quite basic in functionality. If you are a heavy user of SMS then one of the features you would probably be missing would be the ability to send SMS to multiple recipients. Not anymore as there is good news for you, as iPhone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

it works as expected
    the text or options to choose smiley contact template send could use a little work, not particularly easy to read...

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

it works as expected
    the text or options to choose smiley contact template send could use a little work, not particularly easy to read...

• Q
    Q Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I've used the application a number of times. It's much better than what's offered in the native SMS application on the iPhone. I'm still not sure of the purpose of the "Draft" folder because it doesn't allow you to save unfinished texts or texts that can't send due to "No Service." However, allowing to save drafts is a much needed feature. Thanks Shawn.

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

SMSD is way better than this app.

• Kush
    Kush Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

go to
    http://www.gearlive.com/gallery/category/C51/
    its got pictures of the upcoming
    firmware 1.1.3
    I think they are genuine
    check them out

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

how do u actually do this hack?

• Kate
    Kate Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Hey guys im still not sure how to get the sms application on to my Iphon If any 1 can help me please email me on xx_moschino_xx@yahoo.com

Thnx a million ..

• Lobo
    Lobo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

so far it works as expected...sent message to multiple recipients but it would be nice it would tell you how many more characters are allowed cuz not all phones accept the same amount of characters.
    also, @ Kate...to install this hack you first need to install the installer.app from jailbreakme.com, then you'll see this hack in the community sources under network category.
    good luck

• Lobo
    Lobo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

AW CRAP...I accidentally reversed the application headings...here's what it should be:

If somebody could delete my previous post I'd appreciate it.

___________________________SMSD____iSMS
    New SMS notification................No.....Yes
    Conversation View...................Yes....No
    Call feature.............................No.....Yes
    Preloaded Templates.................0......11
    Insert template into SMS...........No.....Yes
    Create/Delete Templates...........Yes....No
    Create/Delete Groups................Yes....No
    Save to Draft..........................Yes....Yes
    Smileys/Emoticons....................No.....Yes
    Delete individual SMS................Yes....Yes
    Search..................................Yes....Yes
    Reply.....................................Yes....Yes
    Forward..................................Yes....Yes
    Forward to Email......................Yes....No
    Character Count.......................Yes....Yes
    Signature feature......................No.....No
    Send SMS to phone number.........Yes....No
    Send SMS to Contact.................Yes....Yes

Some other notes:
    I sent a text message TEST to some family members with different carriers (Sprint & Verizon) of which the Verizon users DID NOT receive the test!!!

SMSD - although it has better template features that allow you to create/delete templates, it DOES NOT allow you to insert a template into a text msg which defeats the whole purpose of templates. To use a template you must select the template category then compose your message from there which is not very user friendly imo, but not a big deal if you don't use templates much.

iSMS - no CANCEL button from smiley/emoticon screen... you can't cancel it or go back to previous screen without choosing a smiley!

iSMS - character count is translucent and hard to see on lower right corner of text area, SMSD is more clearly visible!

Neither iSMS or SMSD allow you to edit individual recipients...for example, when composing SMS to multiple recipients, if you change your mind about a recipient, you have to delete all recipients, then add them all over again.

Signature not allowed in either iSMS or SMSD, but not allowed in original SMS iphone app either!!

SMSD does not notify you of new text messages (little red number on springboard SMSD icon). Instead, upon opening SMSD in INBOX view you will see how many Unread message you have. Also, after sending a text message, you are returned to INBOX view instead of conversation view which is not all that great either.

iSMS is somewhat opposite of SMSD...it will notify you of any new text messages (with little red number on springboard iSMS icon) but will not tell you how many Unread message you have in your inbox. And similar to SMSD, after sending a text msg, you are returned to COMPOSE view instead of conversation view.

In my opinion:
    SMSD is the better application! =)
    Hope this helps.

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

I'm also not sure how to get this app on my phone can anyone help?

aaron_coutts@yahoo.com.au

• LA Migra
    LA Migra Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

but hey it dosent work with all phones cause some when u send the messege the person gets a blank messege

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

pls help me, i dunno what to do with my iphone. i want to send a message to many and forward a message but i dunno how. someone just told me to go to this site. but i got confused reading, i dunno what to download and all. pls pls pls help me asap. thanks.

• steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

Can anyone help me how could i locate the isms and smsD? i already installed the community service and yet there is no isms and smsD in the network? how can i install it? can anyone help me?
    you can email me at abyssmal_night@yahoo.com

~and 1more thing.. how could i turn off the dictionary in sms? help plss "thanks thanks thanks" ^_^

• sibosero
    sibosero Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i cant my iSMS at the network section, i installed already the community sources. pls help me i dont knw wat to do having a hard time installing the isms, cant find them really. thanks

• sibosero
    via Wordpress

i cant my iSMS at the network section, i installed already the community sources. pls help me i dont knw wat to do having a hard time installing the isms, cant find them really. thanks

• sibosero
    via Wordpress

i cant find the iSMS at the network section, i installed already the community sources. pls help me i dont knw wat to do having a hard time installing the isms, cant find them really. thanks

• silvano flores
    silvano flores Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I want the smileys

• Ollie
    Ollie Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

you can't seem to reply to messages using the iSMS app only using the original app, why is this?

• prasanna
    prasanna Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

smsd does not open on my iphone . even after installing it. i am using version 1.4.. please help me

• DCEdgerton
    DCEdgerton Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I don't want the conversation view to go away. I can already txt to more than one person with the way my iPhone came. All I want to do is be able to FWD a msg. Is there a way I can just add that feature?? plz help...

• zak
    zak Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

which one works on frameware 2.1 ? smsd or iSMS

update me with source link, please.

• lisa randell
    lisa randell Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

can someone help me i have just got the iphone and want to forward messages i just dont know where to start with installing the isms can someone help !!!

• lisa randell
    lisa randell Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i have version 2.1

• Hem
    Hem Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

which one works on frameware 2.1 ? smsd or iSMS

update me with source link, please.

• juliasheppard
    juliasheppard Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help me. I'm desperate to install iSMS on my original iphone that has the latest updates.
    I can't find anywhere simple step by step instructions as to what to download, how to download it & how to install it.
    Any help will be much appreciated.

• juliasheppard
    juliasheppard Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help me. I'm desperate to install iSMS on my original iphone with the latest updates. I can't go d anywhere simple step by step instructions as to what to download, how to download it & how to install it. Any help will be much appreciated.
    Please email me at:
    juliasheppard@talktalk.net

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

I cant find isms on here anywhere, is there anyone still on this site??

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi. I'm desperate to install iSms on my g2 iPhone but haven't a clue where to start. I can't make sense of the web sites & have mo idea what to download & how to download it. I need step by step instructions. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help me. I posted this query in another web site but got no response which I was very disappointed with so hopefully I'll have better luck here. Many thnx in advance for the help I need.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Julia,

The easiest way to install apps like iSMS on your jailbroken iPhone is via Cydia.

However, iSMS doesn't seem available on Cydia so looks like it wasn't ported to the latest iPhone firmware.

cheers!

• julia sheppard
    julia sheppard Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi I want to install isms on my 2g apple iphone but haven't a clue where to start. I'm very confused at what & how I'm supposed to download & install. I posted my query on another sit but disappointinly had no responses. I need step by step instructions. PLEASE can someone help me. Many thnx in advance of any help I may get