Apple Vs Samsung: Australian Court Bans Samsung From Selling Galaxy Tab 10.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Vs Samsung: Australian Court Bans Samsung From Selling Galaxy Tab 10.1

After obtaining preliminary injunctions in a number of countries, Apple's lawyers have managed to block the sale of Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia. The injunction although not permanent, stays valid until a full hearing which is scheduled to happen sometime next year.

The case which started with Apple claiming infringement of up to 13 patents, at the end came down to two patents, one of which credited Steve Jobs as its inventor. Sydney Morning Herald reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Derek
    Derek Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    i think all this is crap and i have gone from apple to android and think everyone should be able to use others patents cause it can not be hard to come up with the same ideas, infact 20 years ago i came up with the idea of using a touch screen but did not patent it, what a load of bol****s
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Stop this fight guys, will you?
  • More information please
    via Wordpress
    Touch screens have been around for years. Think of some Automatic Teller Machines, computer based information kiosks at hardware stores, tourist centres and airports. What about the domestic GPS unit.All these devices have touch screens and put to market before any ipad. The concept of entering data by touching a screen is not new.Exactly what was the infringement in regards to touch screens? 1. The concept of using a touch screen as an input output device device, or 2. The electronic design of the touch screen?Is Apple claiming the touch screen is all their idea and no one else in the world had ever built a touch screen i/o device before them?
  • Diaz
    Diaz Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Capacitive touchscreen is apple's invention- And the screens you were talking about don't support gestures like two finger zooming etc..So samsung is violating apple patents in those cases-But apple seem to be also violating samsung's patents..This is really exciting- the more there will be competition between them the more we are willing to have awesome devices from them because they all claim to do the best possible smartphones. I owned iPhone 2g, 3GS and I'm using the 4 currently but I am eager to see what the Ice Cream Sandwich has to offer. Competition is good for consumer! Keep fighting please :)
  • hank
    hank Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I have to agree with Diaz. I think Apple came up first with multitouch device.No one is denying that touch screens have been around for years, but they were limited to single tap commands from a stylus. For example, you could not zoom in/out by pinching your two fingers.It is justifiable for Apple to defend their products.
  • anakin
    anakin Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    lol Apple is desperate. They are fighting an unwinnable war.Sorry but, software wise, nothing can beat a flexible mobile OS like Android. Even scientists, engineers at NASA has come public stating they preferred android over the iphone on the space station because it is more easier and more customizable to use.And hardware wise, the iphone has only apple. The android has an army (samsung, htc, etc..) of new handsets (phones or tablets) released every year all different variations for different needs. Apple cannot keep up. I would agree that the first 2-3 years of android phones had its share of problems but the new phones like the samsung galaxy s2 is changing everything.We have passed the tipping point of Apple's success since last february and Apple knows it. The iphone will always exist but will see its popularity diminish considerably.
  • anakin
    anakin Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    btw for those who are curious;Android now has 190 million activations in 130 countries, up from 135 million 3 months ago. Google+ has over 40 million users, and over 3.4 billion photos have been uploaded to date.Android is growing day by day.
  • eddie-a
    eddie-a Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    Apple just sold a million iPhones in 24 hours. Doesn't matter what the internals of a phone have so long as it runs fine, that's why iOS is better.. it's not fragmented like Android. why are you on an iPhone forum anyway? came here to hate as usual? get out of here fandroid
  • RelicS13
    RelicS13 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    hey anakin, go away...oh and your gay
  • ksimply
    ksimply Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    its monopoly for each other's....its a Politics of Electron...wht u like buy it ...wht u dont ....dont try ...