Sprint Clarifies iPhone 4S Micro-SIM Will Be Locked Via Update After Launch; Will Unlock By Request

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSprint Clarifies iPhone 4S Micro-SIM Will Be Locked Via Update After Launch; Will Unlock By Request

Earlier this week, we mentioned that Sprint would keep the GSM micro-SIM card slot unlocked, whereas Verizon will unlock the micro-SIM card slot by request after 60 days.

Macworld has received an update from Sprint explaining that this was not exactly the case, and that the micro-SIM card slot in Sprint iPhone 4S would be locked.

Read the full story here

Comments

• iLynk
    iLynk Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    I'm assuming that it will be like verizon's Droid2 Global which indeed has a sim slot but only can be used international not with ATT nor T-Mobile. Apple is offering factory unlocked for 650 for a reason. Apple isn't dumb but hopefully I'm wrong and I can buy a Sprint Model and not wait for November
  • Pangicide
    Pangicide Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I'm waiting on line in front of Soho for my own reasons, and for you to assume only way makes you "ig-nant," (**** you if you don't get the sarcasm). The people here are chill to talk to, and it is a chill experience!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Sprint will kick the AT&T big time.
  • vlad
    vlad Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    When are you guys going to come out with the unlock for the basebands?!?! I have had an iPhone 4 for about 4 months without being able to use it! Please! I have t-mobile and would like it if you would come out with an unlock!
  • Kaz
    Kaz Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Okay.. so since all the iPhone 4S's are the same and dual mode, Sprint should be able to unlock an AT&T phone for example and make it factory unlocked? Can someone clarify on this.