iPhone Software/Hardware Hack: LocoGPS - GPS Add-on for the iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Software/Hardware Hack: LocoGPS - GPS Add-on for the iPhone

One of the features missing from the iPhone's rich feature list is a Global Positioning System (GPS), we have already seen Navizon release its virtual GPS product "Navizon" as a native iPhone application as an alternative to the lack of the GPS feature in Apple's iPhone. However, if you are...

Read the full story here

Comments

• dggraphics
    dggraphics Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

NAVIZON not Navigon - you spelled it correctly in the previous news item.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

ur supposed to say "one of the" instead of "instead of"
    incorrect grammer. Its on the first few words

• Very kewl...
    Very kewl... Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Very Kewl... only wish people would work on blue tooth gps so I can charge the phone on long trips...

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

Come on... you guys can make native apps like this, but can't hack your way into allowing BT GPS units? BT GPS units are a much better way of obtaining GPS IMO. Stop fumbling around with bulky connectors and just hack the Iphone to utilize what we already have!!!

• Jake Powell
    Jake Powell Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Wouldn't there be a way to manipulate the GPS device that is already in the phone. Am I not right? All cellular devices are required to have some type of GPS after 9/11...

Who knows, maybe there will be a FUN firmware update one of these days? YEAH RIGHT! Like Apple would lose money! They will wait for Gen2 to manipulate this...

Please send comments to dc.space1@gmail.com
    This is a spam address, so don't bother ruining it.

• Jake Powell
    Jake Powell Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Didn't realize Kevin had already commented about this...Sorry heh.

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

Very first comment, about "one of the" vs. "instead of." Anyone noticed the busybody mispelled "grammar?"

I mean, if you intend to be the grammar-checker of the universe, be sure you can at least spell.

Unless, of course, it was merely a typo. In which case, then at least proof read.

Either way...

Bwwwaaaa haaaaa haaaaa... the irony of the day!

• rezaghazzi@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

hi , this question is so important for me and some people that they don't know any info about iphone and GPS :
    i have 3GS iphone and it has one option that name is maps !!! and when you have service provider that it cover internet , you can use it like GPS but if you have not internet on service provider the iphone dos not show any map on screen !!! and also i installed some GPS software on my iphone and it had same issue !!!!!!!!
    my question :
    how can i have GPS on my iphone without any involve from my service carrier ?!!!! like other gps sets (toomtoom ext ...) ??????
    if you answer it to me , you did me a favor
    thanks