Update On Siri For iPhone 4; Release Seems Unlikely

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageUpdate On Siri For iPhone 4; Release Seems Unlikely

Yesterday, Steven Troughton-Smith gave us the good news that he had managed to successfully port Siri to iPhone 4. Though the performance on iPhone 4 looked sluggish and there were problems connecting to Apple's servers, it got a lot of iPhone 4 and even iPad 2 users excited.

Unfortunately, based on the series of tweets by Troughton-Smith, it looks very unlikely that the port will be released to the public.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Woodbury
    Woodbury Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    So my question about this is"If it work" sluggish but working. And doing so with piracy. Isn't the user problem or the right to use it at his/her own risk???I mean if someone wants to download the files... It should be at their own risk if apple detect those devices..... I know it'd confusing and it's better to get an iPhone 4S to get Siri but many people don't want to buy it but we pray for apple and Steve jobs to allow this feature for all iDevices...
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    @Woodbury ... You can't hosts pirated files. The person hosting them will receive a note demanding immediate stop in distribution. If your someone like hotfoot, rapidshare, etc you comply or risk jailtime. The people here who develop jailbreaks do so for wanting an open source platform ... Not for piracy. They claim to be against piracy. Therefore they will not distribute any new hack if it uses pirated software. They are protecting their asses and claiming some form of morals or ethics
  • E4tH
    E4tH Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Well the issue with releasing these files is that, the person releasing them will be at risk of getting sued by apple and most likely will be sued by apple. So I doubt Steven Troughton-Smith is worried about the users devices being detected, I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want to get sued. Chances are if someone gets it fully working on the iPhone 4 it will end up on some **** sites.
  • Aecon
    Aecon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    WTF you LOSER! Why bother releasing any information at all to the community of the whole internet if you aren't going to release it or have others work on it to make it better and release it? WTF you TOOL!
  • Dan Bradley
    Dan Bradley Posts: 81
    via Wordpress
    Even better, host them on iCloud. haha
  • passerby
    passerby Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Sad news for IP4 users like myself but don't shoot down the developers. Their purpose isn't to satisfy the masses; they owe us nothing. If you can't live without Siri or wait in hope that something will come up then buy a 4s. Some comments just makes iPhone users sound thick!
  • Looni
    Looni Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Geohot & other hackers have done enormous portings into ios devices. I think is the time to prove that is possible to have siri on iphone4. If this post does not make sence to you, juts be patient. Soon there will be a mayor update for the jailbreak community. & the light was made!!!!!!
  • Looni
    Looni Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Geohot & other hackers have done enormous portings into ios devices. I think is the time to prove that is possible to have siri on iphone4. If this post does not make sence to you, juts be patient. Soon there will be a mayor update for the jailbreak community!!!
  • lol
    lol Posts: 79
    via Wordpress
  • at&Th4t3r
    at&Th4t3r Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    **** this guy, hes no developer... just some douche that moved a few files and wont even share the details.
  • Badlands
    Badlands Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    One of, if not "the"big thing we should realize is that Siri is not on your iPhone, it's at Apple. Everytime you ask it anything, it has to relay it through Apple and then back to you. It's not stand a stand alone system in your little phone. To me, this results in some negative effects for the user. I am totally a fanboy but this is ridiculous. Apple controls everything we do and store on the iPhone with iCloud. Now they create a system that Everything you want to know passes straight thru them. That is why we cannot port Siri, because if Apple doesn't want you. It also means that without Internet, and fast Internet, this feature fails miserably. Taking it camping with no signal and suddenly is an overpriced iPhone 4 with a nice camera. Sorry for the rant from a fanboy but this seems more and more like a means of control. We broke down the gates with jailbreaking, but it seems Siri is their answer. Too bad, with Siri working as an independent system on each phone that adapts to the individual user and doesn't rely on connection...that is the future Apple is trying to emulate. Only this way, it's for the richest company in the world, not the people that spend their money on their products. Stark Realization.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    What about the iPad 2?
  • mbt online
    mbt online Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    who can creat a new softwear like siri,then into iso,,still can understand why they can't.
  • Amsterpelli
    Amsterpelli Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Did you mean "Apple decided to limit it to iPhone 4 users during beta.." or are you implying that Siri is still in beta after the release of the 4S? I can relate to the connection problems, but it seems to do pretty well with voice recognition when it does connect...
  • Amsterpelli
    Amsterpelli Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    If the load on the servers is the reason, then I would hope they would give it to us in a software update once the servers are capable.....who knows how Apple is going to operate now that SJ is gone tho..