Some AT&T iPhone 4S Users Seeing Much Improved 3G Speeds - What About You?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSome AT&T iPhone 4S Users Seeing Much Improved 3G Speeds - What About You?

When we've covered a comparison of iPhone 4S 3G network speeds on the three carriers in the U.S., we were disappointed that the speeds were nowhere close to the theoretical maximum that iPhone 4S supports.

But looks like the tests didn't give us the complete story as some of our readers had reported much faster 3G data speeds on AT&T's network.

Read the full story here

Comments

• sahid
    sahid Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    were I used to be 3.5-4.0mbs its now up to 5.5-6mbs. so it is faster 3g. Upload is same.Btw, Iphone hacks. what wp theme is this?.. I like it.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Hey Sahid, thanks - its a custom theme.
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    I have noticed faster download speeds since GM however I have also notice trouble with surf and talk through out several states. I think it's an iOS issue. I have sent in trouble tickets on my "Mark the Spot" app. When I talk on the phone and surf, it seems the data just stops or drags. I hang up and BOOM, instant data. Again I have made a report on it from my end but has anyone else had or having these issues?
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    17.13 down and 5.13 up on Verizon.
  • Writing For Profit
    Writing For Profit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    It's the opposite for me, but I'm guessing it's due to the network congestion. I normally got between 3-5mbps on the iphone 4, but since the 4s came out and over the weekend I've only been able to get 2-3mbps on both the 4 and the 4s.
  • Mac
    Mac Posts: 132
    via Wordpress
    Sure that wasn't on Wi-Fi?
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Oops. It was. Sorry.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Speeds are network dependent and not as much as on the hardware, me thinks.
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    5.72 down on my 4S, 2.90 down on my girlfriends 4. I'd say a slight improvement...
  • poly
    poly Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Seriously this is just BUNK!In a lab with no interference two devices achieved maximum transmission speed. No surprise that the real world is not the same. If the new device only gets 5% more data speed (...Sarcasm, and we all know that it is more than that.) that would be AWESOME! People are way too picky and not at all realistic with how the world, let alone the EM spectrum works. Whiners and complainers should cry their way to whatever device they chose over iPhone 4s. Don't buy an iPhone then. Stop complaining and Apple will go away.Honestly, if the only measure was data speed over the network and the new iPhone 4s was slower than the previous version, it is still a more advanced device.
  • Mitch
    Mitch Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    its so much faster on safari
  • King
    King Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Ping is much faster in new York city on 4S AT&T, which is a little bit of reliefThis city has most clogged network ever... Too many people.. Especially during peak hours.
  • Jhud915
    Jhud915 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Mine is low down 1.60 n up is around 1.00 boooo I'm on iPhone 4S
  • Apel
    Apel Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I'm 30 miles West of Chicago and I'm getting 3.5 down and 1.05 up with AT&T on a 4S
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I'm I'm 30 miles West of Chicago and I'm getting 3.5 down and 1.05 up with AT&T on a 4S
  • Breezy
    Breezy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I live in downtown Atlanta and I am getting results that vary between 5-7 Mbps down 1 to 1.5 up... This is an improvement over the iP4 which pulls between 2-4 Mbps down. I would like to see around 10mbps and I would be super happy! But for now any improvement in speed is a welcome improvement...
  • Duke
    Duke Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    I'm indeed seeing increased over 3G. However, I'm also seeing drastically reduced battery life and this is with bluetooth and wifi turned off.
  • Nix
    Nix Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I'm getting 5.07 Mbps download and 1.15 Mbps upload on my iPhone 4 iOS 5. I'm located in San Francisco Bay Area.
  • Nix
    Nix Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    DL: 5.07 Mbps UL: 1.15 Mbps Network AT&TiPhone 4 iOS 5.
  • question it
    question it Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I think we are all smart enough to understand that lab testing is much different than real world situation. The upsetting thing is the hype in product advertisment, boasting something that is just not going to be any where realistic to the consume.r This is just down right misleading. I supose you're the kind of guy that's okay with, say, buying a sports car where the advertised top speed is 150mph but in reality that top speed really depends on whether or not there is a really big hill to drive down adding to your speed. The fact of the matter is that there is a huge difference here in what is advertised to the consumer and what the average consumer is actually getting. I would be more understanding if the adverage speed were at least around 10mbps. But we aren't seeing anywhere near that and I feel dooped buy ATT & Apple. Sure I can go ahead and just return my device but that's not the point here. They should be held accountable for false advertising.
  • Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    Wow, I'm not at all happy with my download speeds on my ATT 4S. I'm in Raleigh NC and speedtest says only 2.31mbps. My wifes regular 4 is downloading faster than mine!?!?! I've called tech support and finally yesterday returned the phone for a new one cause they thought it was a bad antenna. But the new one also reads the same slower speeds. WTF?!?! I understand that I'm not going to get a full 14.4 as advertised but I'm not even in the same ballpark, or even the same planet. I would think that we should be getting somewhere around at least 10mbps. The advertised 14.4 is what made me upgrade and stay with ATT. How do you other ATT 4S owners feel? Anyone else in Raleigh NC area getting the same slow speeds or better?