How To Semi Untether Jailbreak iOS 5 Using SemiTether For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch [Updated]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow To Semi Untether Jailbreak iOS 5 Using SemiTether For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch [Updated]

As you know, Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze allow iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users to jailbreak their iOS device on iOS 5, but they support only a tethered jailbreak, which means that you need to connect their iOS device to the computer on every reboot, otherwise your iOS device is stuck at the Apple logo.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress
    Nice touch but if apps you like to use are disabled than its not worth it. I can still wait and deal with tethered
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    Apple's going to release 5.0.1 to fix the iPad 2 hack so we'll be waiting longer.
  • KewlGai
    KewlGai Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    is there an ipad 2 ios 5 jb??? are u sure?
  • StonedinNY
    StonedinNY Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    There isnt. He mean's the exploit with the ipad 2 smart cover that lets you bypass a lock screen pass code. On top of that ios 5 has a few bugs that need to be fixed for iPhone as well so there may be an Apple update for IOS 5.0.1 quite soon i feel. Untethered JB will be held off till than i assume to avoid having Apple find and patch the JB exploit within days or even a day of it being released.
  • Mr.Db
    Mr.Db Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have another semi untethered method for ios5. (verified with iphone4, and ipod touch4gen)Right after your hit "re-spring",just quickly plug the usb cable directly to iphone/ipod. It will respring back and theres no need to "boot tethered".
  • StonedinNY
    StonedinNY Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Respring and reboot are two different things. A respring should not undo a jailbreak. A reboot will.
  • Predator
    Predator Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Hey DUMB ASS, respring is NOT REBOOT
  • Rusty Brains
    Rusty Brains Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Yikes!This completely trashed my iPhone4.Get's an ERROR during tethered boot.
  • nomam
    nomam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    when it comes to re-spring, there is no need to do anything for the reboot, because it is not reboot! just respring!
  • normam
    normam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hey! the semi-tether didn't work on my iphone4! i still have to reboot via usb!
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    hahahah ahahahahahah "Semi-tether" "can use all the pre-installed apps except for some of the important apps like Mail and Safari"hahahhahahasoo funny, still tho thanks a lot for the effort toall the hard working smart asses out there Thank you ! I will keep waiting hahahahaha "semi" hahahah we're close tho right ? haha
  • ricengga
    ricengga Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    i think i semi bricked myi lol
  • Alexander Smoljanovic
    via Wordpress
    Tried it and froze shortly after Apple boot logoNot sure how much I would really want it anyway....unable to use cydia or mail and safari reduces the usefulness but thanks for all the efforts.I found that it doesn't inconvenience me much to boot tethered but still looking forward to the extra freedom of untethered. :)
  • Dan Bradley
    Dan Bradley Posts: 81
    via Wordpress
    Semi-tethered...really? This description sounds miserable. Why would you want to jailbreak your phone and risk not being able to use some of the most important features of your phone? C'mon. Hey, I'll be able to install the new intelliboard ...but you MIGHT not be able to call anyone of receive emails haha. I think I'll take a pass on that. This really wasn't even worth writing about, because no one that actually is serious about jail breaking ios5 would use tethered or semi-tethered. It's just a waste of effort and time and will only cause frustration to users who actually use their phone instead of just making it look pretty. So with that said, I say only report on an actual stable jailbreak.
  • Divxclub
    Divxclub Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys anyone know who (if anyone) is working on 4S JB and if there is ANY progress that anyone know of ? I do understand that it took some time before first JB came out for each new device yet It'll really suck if it'll be same way as for iPad 2 we got one lucky 4.3.3 hole and that's it ...... keep up good works and thanks !
  • KillerPubes
    KillerPubes Posts: 50
    via Wordpress
    You retards, this semi tether means if for some reason the phone crashes and you are out and about, you can still boot up and have some usage of your phone, make calls etc. it's a great compromise for now. You stupid fucks, hope you brick your phones.
  • RiffRath
    RiffRath Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    You would want to have it available to you knuklehead, just incase your battery dies or any other reason you would have to reboot your device. If you ran out of battery without it you would need to reboot with your CPU and your phone would be totally useless but with the semi downloaded you atleast have a basic use of your device untill you get to your CPU
  • ashish
    ashish Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I think semitether is goodAtleast one can do the mOst important and basic task a phone is meant for ie calling and SMS For 3GS specially this is good as it has a very poor battery backup an tether booting everytime is not possibleWhat about other apps like opera, would it work ?
  • RiffRath
    RiffRath Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    The jailbreak and the semi are two separate things. You JB like normal with redsn0w then in Cydia you add the semi to your device so everything works the same just no longer have an expensive paper weight in your pocket if for any reason you need to reboot
  • DarkmanTu
    DarkmanTu Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Think I'll pass..I'll wait for the final untethered version.
  • googolo
    googolo Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    You moron! Some use is better then no use. To be able to call someone is great stuff. If you don't like it or it is not useful to you, you cant just laugh to something useful like that. You are an idiot. Man did a nice job, show some respect. At least it is quite opposite of some stupid things like "will it blend iphone 4s"
  • Azlec
    Azlec Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Correct... Iphone randomly reboots and hangs after installing..
  • smoothbaby10
    smoothbaby10 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hey how to jailbreak my iphone 4 ios5 ??? im really stuck help pleaseee
  • Thanks
    Thanks Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Installed it and now I can't fucking boot. Had to restore, update, do a tethered JB and start from scratch. I hate you.
  • Azlec
    Azlec Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    This did not work on my IPhone 3GS... In fact it wouldn't boot at all after installing (not tethered or semi tethered). The few times I managed to boot tethered, it would reboot after a few seconds/ minutes. Solution: Try to be fast enough when it boots and remove semitether from cydia. It will however delete all your notification centre settings.On the other hand... it could be just me
  • Jeahman
    Jeahman Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    So, it doesn't work for me either. It took a little more than 2 mins with the apple logo. And now its pretty stuck with the loading circle thingy. So i guess its still buggy? Waiting for an update. Also, thanks bigboss! This will come in handy when it works.
  • Jeahman
    via Wordpress
    Oh btw, i just booted tethered and removed the tweak from cydia. Waiting for a update :)
  • Jeahman
    via Wordpress
    You can use redsn0w for PC. All you'll need is the 5.0 ISPW.
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    You don't need that apostrophe.
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    Stoned ... you missed the apostrophe in "isn't" and put an unnecessary one into "means". Just FYI.