Excerpts From Steve Jobs' Biography: "Let’s Show Him What A Tablet Can Really Be"

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageExcerpts From Steve Jobs' Biography: "Let’s Show Him What A Tablet Can Really Be"

If you love your iPad then in addition to Steve Jobs and Apple, we also have to thank one loud mouthed Microsoft employee who bugged Steve Jobs so much "about how Microsoft was going to completely change the world with this tablet PC software and eliminate all notebook computers" that he decided that Apple should create a device to show them what a tablet really can be and rest of it as we know is history.

This was revealed in an excerpt from Steve Jobs biography posted by The Daily Mail.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jeremy Wilson
    Jeremy Wilson Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Haha that's awesome!
  • Micheal P.
    Micheal P. Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I read somwhere, that Apple/Jobs had the iPad in mind even before the iPhone, but circumstances let him create the iPhone first. But I don't know, if I remember correctly...
  • Shafin
    Shafin Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I remember reading the exact same thing! It's no wonder when the iPad first came out, it was essentially an enlarged iPhone minus the camera and phone functionality. Kudos to apple for realizing that's exactly what everyone wanted to fulfill their angry birds dreams!!
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    He said it himself, in his last All Things Digital interview. You can watch it on YouTube.
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, he probably did have it in mind for a long time but when all this **** with the microsoft guy happened he said **** It, let's get a tablet built now and show them what it should be.
  • Fred
    Fred Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    >>"Interestingly, we are still to see the tablet PC>>software that the Microsoft employee was>> raving about..."Am I reading this correctly? The Tablet PC has been out for years.
  • koller
    koller Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Nice story but don’t make sense at all!!! First if you work of a company (and more in the technology area) you get immediately fired for revealing information like this. And why this guy will do that when these companies have different products to offer, Microsoft is a software company for enterprise, developers and resellers, and Apple products is a combination of software and hardware that go straight to the final customer, both companies focus to different things. Apple doesn’t have to buy an OS from anyone, if one of their star products is their OS!!!
  • Ess
    Ess Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    lol Relaaax with boosting Steve Jobs, it's getting dumb..
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    See I told you so, this must have happened in 2004. Because that is when Steve asked engineers to make a handheld device good for mail and movies.
  • oh yeah
    oh yeah Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    that would mean iphone was a byproduct of tablet idea obtained from ms.. nice
  • dice
    dice Posts: 94
    via Wordpress
    BWHAHAHAHAHA! Put that in you're pipe and smoke it microshit!...... How do you like apple now!!!!...... Love how he says **** IT! Hahahaha!
  • steve in heaven jobs
    via Wordpress
    ha ha, shows how behind the times microshaft are...i mean microsoft lol. i wonder where that employee is now? i bet he isnt at microsoft and i bet he is probably working at bestbuy lolMORON!!!last thing you do to a guy like steve jobs is annoy him to the extent of him going out his way to prove you wrong as he then has more motivation than he needs and coupled with his talents, means he will win in the end and just show you up.hence why microsoft have the? err zune that is err somewhere in the it afterlife and apple have the best selling and most popular mp3 player ever! in the world! lol