Siri Ported To iPad and iPod Touch But ....

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSiri Ported To iPad and iPod Touch But ....

We've received a number of tips from our readers to tell us that Siri has also been successfully ported to iPod Touch and iPad.

Couple of weeks back,  Siri - Apple's revolutionary personal assistant feature, that is exclusively available only on Apple's iPhone 4S, was ported to iPhone 4.

Engadget reports:

Two enterprising young hackers, euwars and rud0lf77, are the ones who put Siri on the iPod, and you can see the results of their labor in the video after the break.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RelicS13
    RelicS13 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    i say if you want siri so bad, pay for the 4s like i did.
  • Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress
    Given what I paid for my iPad 64g, I'd happily pay Apple for a Siri app.
  • 2face
    2face Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
  • NoOneCares
    NoOneCares Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Siri isn't worth eight hundred dollars. Not everyone is eligible for full subsidies, so get off your high horse - you'll be the one complaining next year about iPhone5 features you want on your 4S.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Atleast they should offer on iPad 2, which is actually a faster device.
  • Mak
    Mak Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I am still waiting for iph 5.
  • RelicS13
    RelicS13 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    jeez im sorry dad, didnt mean to offend someone with sand in their ****
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    This WAS the iPhone 5!!! Dummy! It'll be the 6 next year.
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    Why would you use siri on an ipad? Siri is made for iphone and i see little usefulness if none on the ipad. Siri is the next level of "hands free" for iphone. The ipod only has wifi. No wifi connection, no siri. I think the siri add covers when siri is most useful (while driving, when joging, when your hands are busy with something else).
  • eddie-a
    eddie-a Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    well said.. iphone 5/6, this guy will be the guy with sand in his **** come next year... waahHH
  • yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress
    ^^^ LOL AND THE 3GS was the iPhone 4 right? Lol
  • StonedinNY
    StonedinNY Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Yes its currently only the UI of SIRI thats ported right now. @Chronic tweeted about that a couple days ago. I for one have a feeling that we'll more than likely ONLY ever see the SIRI UI on any iDevice besides the 4s. Obviously i cant say that for sure, its just the feeling i get. Same with the IOS 5 untethered JB. Im probably wrong but i might not be when i say i feel we may not get any untethered JB's ever again. I have no documentation to back up that but i just like to prepare myself incase im right. ( hope to god im not lol )Would be awesome to see SIRI on all iDevices but seeing as how Its run through Apple's servers. Im sure they have a way of stoping any non-4s from contacting the servers. Who knows though.
  • StonedinNY
    StonedinNY Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Actually, thinking a bit deeper into it. If it wasent for the hackers and jailbreakers Apple wouldent have 1/2 of what IOS 5 brought to iDevices. They took alot of ideas from tweaks from cydia and much more to put into their IOS. The app store was actually a result of jailbreakers as well. I say Apple always leaves some sort of small exploit for the hackers to eventually find. In my opinion the hackers, jailbreakers and Apple go well together. And all together can create some pretty extreme IOS's. And ideas.
  • pakaku
    pakaku Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    The iPhone 3G was the iPhone 2...
  • ItsyourBoy
    ItsyourBoy Posts: 83
    via Wordpress
  • Tim cook
    Tim cook Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
  • ItsyourBoy
    ItsyourBoy Posts: 83
    via Wordpress
    No iPhone 5!, 4s is the 5th generation so next year will be the 6th or they might call it iPhone 4g cause of the 4g network that they hopefully put in
  • elgine
    elgine Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have the iPad 64 3G with Verizon i think it will be very useful for me, cause i used it all the time in the hospital or the clinic, its going to be nice, there is so many medical apps that i use that could be useful if siri can do the search
  • wes
    wes Posts: 53
    via Wordpress
    I agree, I think the hackers should be rewarded by Apple. I have a 3GS and if it were not for the improvements of hackers, I would have gotten an android by now. If iPhone really wants to be the best, then they are going to have to give the customers what they want instead of letting android take the market. Other than Siria, I see really no great updates on the new iPhone or iOS.
  • Blue_pr1nt
    Blue_pr1nt Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Actually it will be called the iPhone 4gs = iPhone 4g + iPhone 4s
  • Hiddenvalley
    Hiddenvalley Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Wow jbd, extremely idiotic comment on the 4S being the 5, even for an apple fanboy. You need to learn how to count, how do you go from 4s to the 6? Do you need a calculator?
  • JayeDee369
    JayeDee369 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    With Apple's track record, we will see the Siri on other ios devices only because of the possibility of hackers doing what they are doing now. When the 3GS came out, it had video capability. Once jailbreaking became popular, Apple was loosing money because free video apps came out that you could install after jailbreaking 3G. Once these guys figure out how to access Apple servers I guarantee you Siri will be on all devices by Spring of next year.
  • JDogg
    JDogg Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    4S - 5th Generation2010 iPhone - 6th Generation (iPhone 6)Hiddenvalley... you are a douche bag!!!
  • JDogg
    JDogg Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    2012 iPhone (my bad)
  • Tester
    Tester Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Skip to content Home iPhone iPad iOS Apps Jailbreak Tips & Tricks iCloud News RumorsSiri Ported To iPad and iPod Touch But ….Posted by iPhoneHacks on Oct 27, 2011 | Comments (24)iPhone 4S - SiriWe've received a number of tips from our readers to tell us that Siri has also been successfully ported to iPod Touch and iPad.Couple of weeks back, Siri - Apple's revolutionary personal assistant feature, that is exclusively available only on Apple's iPhone 4S, was ported to iPhone 4.Engadget reports:Two enterprising young hackers, euwars and rud0lf77, are the ones who put Siri on the iPod, and you can see the results of their labor in the video after the break.Before that, as you can see below it was ported to iPad:But, before you get excited, we wanted to highlight that though we're hearing similar claims that Siri is successfully ported to iPhone 4 and iPod touch, it's just the UI that hackers have managed to port to Siri. Since Apple is not authenticating commands from non-iPhone 4S devices, the so-called Siri port for non-iOS devices is quite useless.Troughton-Smith (who was the first hacker to figure out how to get Siri UI working on iPhone 4) has also indicated that it looks very unlikely that the port will be released to the public.Currently, the only hope is Apple will magically enable it on non-iPhone 4S devices via a iOS software update. But if you were to ask us, we would say don't count on it based on Apple's previous track record.[via Engadget] 0 inShare 0digg Join iPhone Hacks on: ORCategories : Hacks, iOS 5, iPad 2, 2nd Generation iPad, iPad, iPad 1, iPod TouchPeople also read Speed Test: iPhone 4S Vs. iPhone 4 Jailbreaking iOS 5: Status Update WeeSpaces: Custom Widget Brings Multitasking Feature To iOS 5 Notification Center Excerpts From Steve Jobs’ Biography: “Let’s Show Him What A Tablet Can Really Be” 4G LTE iPhone Coming In 2012?From around the web Unthinkable Poised to Happen on Wall Street. See Disturbing Charts. (Moneynews) 18 Common Phrases to Avoid in Conversation (Real Simple) 9 Outrageous Banned iPhone Apps (The Daily Beast) 7 Phone Apps You Don’t Want Your Boyfriend To Have (MadameNoire) Samsung knocks Apple off top spot to become world’s biggest smartphone seller (Digital Trends)[?]Comments:Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.24 Responses to Siri Ported To iPad and iPod Touch But …. RelicS13 says: October 27, 2011 at 6:12 pm i say if you want siri so bad, pay for the 4s like i did. Reply NoOneCares says: October 27, 2011 at 6:28 pm Siri isn’t worth eight hundred dollars. Not everyone is eligible for full subsidies, so get off your high horse – you’ll be the one complaining next year about iPhone5 features you want on your 4S. Reply RelicS13 says: October 27, 2011 at 6:59 pm jeez im sorry dad, didnt mean to offend someone with sand in their **** Reply jdb says: October 27, 2011 at 7:00 pm This WAS the iPhone 5!!! Dummy! It’ll be the 6 next year. Reply Yo mama says: October 27, 2011 at 9:06 pm ^^^ LOL AND THE 3GS was the iPhone 4 right? Lol Reply pakaku says: October 27, 2011 at 9:45 pm The iPhone 3G was the iPhone 2… ItsyourBoy says: October 27, 2011 at 9:46 pm 3GS is the 3rd Hiddenvalley says: October 28, 2011 at 3:42 am Wow jbd, extremely idiotic comment on the 4S being the 5, even for an apple fanboy. You need to learn how to count, how do you go from 4s to the 6? Do you need a calculator? Reply JDogg says: October 28, 2011 at 5:18 am 4S – 5th Generation 2010 iPhone – 6th Generation (iPhone 6) Hiddenvalley… you are a douche bag!!! JDogg says: October 28, 2011 at 5:18 am 2012 iPhone (my bad) eddie-a says: October 27, 2011 at 8:45 pm well said.. iphone 5/6, this guy will be the guy with sand in his **** come next year… waahHH Reply Andrew says: October 27, 2011 at 6:22 pm Given what I paid for my iPad 64g, I’d happily pay Apple for a Siri app. Reply Daniel says: October 27, 2011 at 8:44 pm Why would you use siri on an ipad? Siri is made for iphone and i see little usefulness if none on the ipad. Siri is the next level of “hands free” for iphone. The ipod only has wifi. No wifi connection, no siri. I think the siri add covers when siri is most useful (while driving, when joging, when your hands are busy with something else). Reply elgine says: October 27, 2011 at 9:51 pm I have the iPad 64 3G with Verizon i think it will be very useful for me, cause i used it all the time in the hospital or the clinic, its going to be nice, there is so many medical apps that i use that could be useful if siri can do the search Reply 2face says: October 27, 2011 at 6:23 pm yeah! Reply fas says: October 27, 2011 at 6:53 pm Atleast they should offer on iPad 2, which is actually a faster device. Reply Mak says: October 27, 2011 at 6:58 pm I am still waiting for iph 5. Reply ItsyourBoy says: October 27, 2011 at 9:51 pm No iPhone 5!, 4s is the 5th generation so next year will be the 6th or they might call it iPhone 4g cause of the 4g network that they hopefully put in Reply Blue_pr1nt says: October 28, 2011 at 12:36 am Actually it will be called the iPhone 4gs = iPhone 4g + iPhone 4s Reply StonedinNY says: October 27, 2011 at 9:25 pm Yes its currently only the UI of SIRI thats ported right now. @Chronic tweeted about that a couple days ago. I for one have a feeling that we’ll more than likely ONLY ever see the SIRI UI on any iDevice besides the 4s. Obviously i cant say that for sure, its just the feeling i get. Same with the IOS 5 untethered JB. Im probably wrong but i might not be when i say i feel we may not get any untethered JB’s ever again. I have no documentation to back up that but i just like to prepare myself incase im right. ( hope to god im not lol ) Would be awesome to see SIRI on all iDevices but seeing as how Its run through Apple’s servers. Im sure they have a way of stoping any non-4s from contacting the servers. Who knows though. Reply StonedinNY says: October 27, 2011 at 9:30 pm Actually, thinking a bit deeper into it. If it wasent for the hackers and jailbreakers Apple wouldent have 1/2 of what IOS 5 brought to iDevices. They took alot of ideas from tweaks from cydia and much more to put into their IOS. The app store was actually a result of jailbreakers as well. I say Apple always leaves some sort of small exploit for the hackers to eventually find. In my opinion the hackers, jailbreakers and Apple go well together. And all together can create some pretty extreme IOS’s. And ideas. Reply Wes says: October 27, 2011 at 10:33 pm I agree, I think the hackers should be rewarded by Apple. I have a 3GS and if it were not for the improvements of hackers, I would have gotten an android by now. If iPhone really wants to be the best, then they are going to have to give the customers what they want instead of letting android take the market. Other than Siria, I see really no great updates on the new iPhone or iOS. Reply Tim Cook says: October 27, 2011 at 9:46 pm so true my friend Reply JayeDee369 says: October 28, 2011 at 4:44 am With Apple’s track record, we will see the Siri on other ios devices only because of the possibility of hackers doing what they are doing now. When the 3GS came out, it had video capability. Once jailbreaking became popular, Apple was loosing money because free video apps came out that you could install after jailbreaking 3G. Once these guys figure out how to access Apple servers I guarantee you Siri will be on all devices by Spring of next year. ReplyLeave a ReplyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
  • BigDubb13
    BigDubb13 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I want Siri on my iPad now! She is hot, smart and only does what told or asked to do!