Apple Reportedly Contacting iPhone 4S Users To Investigate Battery Life Issues

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Reportedly Contacting iPhone 4S Users To Investigate Battery Life Issues

The Guardian reports that Apple engineers are contacting iPhone 4S customers who are reporting a dramatic drop in battery life.

When Apple had unveiled iPhone 4S, it had claimed that the new iPhone comes with slightly faster improved battery life even though it is powered by a faster dual-core A5 processor.

However, an extensive battery comparison of Apple's new iPhone and iPhone 4 in real world conditions by iLounge had revealed that iPhone 4S battery life is worse than iPhone 4.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Yes. Apple replaced my 4S admitting there was a problem with battery drain. Also, the phone would show the plug when fully barged yet the percentage would still decrease.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    I have a battery problem too
  • Cb
    Cb Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    I do think my 4s is running down quicker than my old 4. Not a great deal but it is. I'm using it the same amount as before. But then again I had sbs and remove background apps on my 4-they helped a great deal saving battery.
  • Oscar
    Oscar Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    So I could just go to the apple store and get a replacement?
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    You may be able to. I had a screenshot of the issue and they restored my phone at the store a few days before.
  • Benji
    Benji Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I know, I am craving a jailbreak like crazy!
  • GrammarNazi
    GrammarNazi Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    "apologetic in the typical Apple way!"From whatever I've observed, Apple tends to be arrogant and not really accept their problems. Best example: Antennagate.So apologetic in typical Apple way doesn't really seem right.
  • Micro
    Micro Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    Im experiencing lot less battery life with 4S than with 4 i even run a test with 1 year old iphone 4 and new 4S both of them i charged to 100% both of them ios5 no jailbreak switch off everything and turn ON airplane mode and when i woke up the other day iphone 4 98% and 4S 86% now how is that possible...
  • Jonelle
    Jonelle Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I had an old 3G and it would last a day with moderate use also having the 3g and blootooth enabled. Now Ive had the 4s for 2 days and the battery hasn't lasted a full 24 hours with 8 hours of me sleeping and 6 hours of me working. Thats at least 14 hours stand by with all apps off. So I would say it's an issue here.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Last night my 4S was at 100% charge, this morning I woke up and it was at 1%!!!! I didn't have it plugged in, but to lose all of its battery in about 8 hours is crazy.
  • Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress
    That sucks for all of you having battery issues. My 4s lasts longer than my 4 used to. I have around 20% more battery life after a full days use than I had with my previous phone. BTW: have you asked Siri when daylight savings time ends? She gives the wrong date. Monday instead of Sunday. Hmmmm.
  • Writing For Profit
    Writing For Profit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    I've troubleshooted 5 iphone 4ses and the problem I found was with the mail app. It was stuck on "updating" the entire time. For the most part, deleting the account and resetting the network settings fixed it.One particular iphone 4s using yahoo continued to get stuck on "updating" even after doing the steps above. I then added an icloud email first, then yahaoo, then deleted the icloud email. That got the yahoo account to finally update and the battery drain was fixed.
  • Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress
    What is a "faster battery life"?
  • HamiGT
    HamiGT Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    You people should stop complaning! Dim you damn light and you'll be fine. Unless you're somewhat blind, which is ok. Iphone 4S is Badass!
  • Vinny
    Vinny Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Pretty ignorant there. I used to have. Battery problems until I disabled Siri's Location Services. It used to drop 20% during my sleep, but it drains 10%. It's still draining more than my 3GS though.
  • Branden
    Branden Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    When I got my 4S, I probably spent my first 20 minutes on the device just pouring over all the new options in settings and turning nearly every feature on that was off by stock. That drained my battery in a hurry. I noticed, however, that there was one particular setting that reduced that unprecedented drainage substantially; iCloud > Documents & Data > Use Cellular. After turning off just that one setting, I could leave Siri, location services (save for "Setting Time Zone" and "Location-Based iAds"), Bluetooth, Wi-Fi (no ask-to-join), full brightness, push for three mail accounts and hourly fetch for Gmail and for an encrypted mail server, and so many other (probably unnecessary) features on with my phone unplugged all day long as a power user and make it home with no less than 50%.Even with the drop in 4S battery life like I have seen in some of my peers' devices, it still outperforms most Android phones' batteries!
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    I upgraded to the 4S from the 3G,And I'm very pleased with my batteryLife on the 4S. I'm usually gone for 13Hours a day, moderate usage I still have 50% left. Heavy usage it'll be like 20% When I get home,includes playing games + web browsing! My 3G would be dead in 12 hours with moderate usage if I didn't charge!
  • devol
    devol Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    I called AppleCare and they told me after a few minutes of problem shooting that my battery problem was more than likely a hardware issue. I went to the Apple store and they gave me a new iPhone. I'll see if this one is any better.
  • eEditor
    eEditor Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    My 4S battery life is much worse than my 3GS. I can see the % drop like a rock as it sits on my desk.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    I am also having the battery problem I find it draining the battery quicker then my old iPhone 4 I've also tried the whole deleting the mail account and also resting network setting maybe I'll contact apple also and see what they tell me
  • Manic
    Manic Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    HaniGT, congratulations on having the stupidest post here.
  • iphonich
    iphonich Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    holds more than four
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Really surprising but nothing that a software update can't fix.
  • steve jobs brother
    via Wordpress
    ios 5.1 is out soon. New software is likely to disable icloud and remove Siri lol.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    The display lights aren't even being used in standby mode, and that's where most people are noticing the significant drain.... So how would dimming the brightness have any effect?Consider that this may be an isolated incident (some 4S's have the problem, some don't) before assuming that those complaining must be somehow wrong.
  • Techvide
    Techvide Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Looks like, I'm 'not' gonna get an iPhone 4s anytime soon...
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    in fact, 4s has high power dual core processor. there are two view points for the power consumption, when doing same amount of job/work, higher power processor can save the power. becasue the processor speed is double, bot power consumption is not double. maybe, 40-50% more power to work at same time. when doing something in same time period, higher power processor will finish more work/job, and use more power withing same time. In fact, Apple (or others) saying 'A5 processor use less power' but, forget to mention 'when doing same amount of job'. and, 'A5 rpocessor will use more power when running same time period'by the trouble in hardware(actually, event controller API) software coding or condition, process will keep the full power mode. and than, it will kill the battery of iPhone more quickly.
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    "new iPhone comes with slightly faster battery life" WHAT?!
  • PebsUK
    PebsUK Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    Yes, another example of Apple launching product with a major fault, I know what the world would be saying if it was any other company!!
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    I don't have any major problems here... my 4s is only slightly worse than my iPhone 4. I manage two days between charges no problems.