Apple Seeds iOS 5.0.1 To Developers; Fixes Bugs Affecting Battery Life; iPad 2 Security Flaw, Adds M

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Seeds iOS 5.0.1 To Developers; Fixes Bugs Affecting Battery Life; iPad 2 Security Flaw, Adds Multitouch Gestures For iPad 1

Apple has just seeded iOS 5.0.1 (build number 9A402) to developers of iOS developer program.

iOS 5.0.1 beta is available for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPod Touch 3rd generation, iPad and iPad 2.

According to the release notes, iOS 5.0.1 includes the following the bug fixes and improvements:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jennifer Helms
    Jennifer Helms Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    ALSO AVAILABLE FOR IPHONE 4[S] FORGOT ABOUT THAT ;)
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Oh! oh.... Here comes trouble!!!
  • Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress
    While my 4s battery life lasts all day, my wife's 4s battery quickly runs out. If it was software causing the problem, wouldn't it affect all ios5 users?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Multitouch gestures should have been there before itself.
  • Apple
    Apple Posts: 105
    via Wordpress
    If you want to jailbreak your iPhone 4S, is it safe to upgrade to IOS 5.0.1?
  • WikoSiko
    WikoSiko Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    To be safe I would say just wait, cause as stated "Contains security improvements" which could mean that the exploits the Dev Team have may not work with 5.0.1.Just wait and see :)
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    OH OH ... This is my worst nightmare!!!The jailbreak community MUST release a jailbreak for iOS 5 BEFORE 5.0.1 is out!! ... The REAL problem this time is that there is NO WAY to save the current SHSH blobs for iOS 5 on iPhone 4S and iPad 2!!! ... TinyUmbrella, iFaith, etc... have not been updated to save the current SHSH blobs ... Do you know what that means??? What if iOS 5.0.1 will shut all of the jailbreak possibilities that have been discovered?I just don't get it, I really don't get it. What the jailbreak hackers are waiting for? Most devices sold in the world (and those that will be sold in 70 other countries later on) are going to have devices with iOS 5.0 pre-installed, not iOS 5.0.1, so it makes sense to release the jailbreak now so we could do something and save these SHSH blobs before it is too late!!! ... iPhonehacks you must write something to highlight this danger!!
  • Zed Sefi
    via Wordpress
    Even if we presume that iOS 5.0.1 is jailbreakable, iOS 5.0.2 may NOT be!!! ... The problem that the new buyers in future will face is that if iOS 5.0 is going to miss the jailbreak and iOS 5.0.2 is out (presuming that iOS 5.0.1 is jailbreakable but Apple closed signing it's SHSH files on their servers) then users cannot jailbreak because they can't upgrade to iOS 5.0.1, they will only be able to stay on iOS 5.0 (without any backup plan or saved SHSH and no jailbreak probably) or to be forced to upgrade to iOS 5.0.2 and skip 5.0.1 naturally. I dunno if you people understand what I am saying! :(
  • WikoSiko
    via Wordpress
    F**K I get you, It also means bad new for people with preserved bbs. Hopefully the Dev Team will find out a way around this :( Or @notcom will be able to release his Firmware tool. We have to upgrade.
  • WikoSiko
    via Wordpress
    Also there is now way to save the 5.0.1 shsh as iH8sn0w explains below.Do you know why SHSH can't be used anymore to downgrade to iOS 5 if youre using for example 5.0.1?? What's the exact reason..It generates SHSH blobs now with a nonce which is generated uniquely every time. So, when nonce changes, restore fails.
  • Momo
    Momo Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    WE SHOULD ALL TWEET MUSCLENERD RESPECTFULLY
  • Gamer
    Gamer Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Has any1 tried downgrading from 5.0.1 to 5.0? Is it possible?
  • news-apple
    news-apple Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    А где скачать то ссылку дадите?
  • kitty
    kitty Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Even after download it should be activated on developer account ;)
  • Zubby
    Zubby Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Battery life > jailbreak for me but I would like both
  • stu
    stu Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    @Zed Sedi what are you talking about?! You want to WASTE an exploit on the very 1st buggy release!? What a stupid thing to say! Seriously, you're a moron! They got it right, don't release a jailbreak until we have a fully stable build. Especially since their seeding a new release already! New devices will come with 5.0.1 and a 5.0 untether would be useless to them.There's untethered jailbreaks in the works, and exploits they have been saving for this very reason. We all know what happened with iOS 4. Was jailbroken (userland) on 4.0/4.0.1 and patched almost immediately with 4.0.2. What in any way makes you think it will be any different?? Or this time we can wait for a major update and jailbreak it then, at least that way everyone has a chance.It's morons like you who expect things from these guys then cry when apple patches them in a next MINOR release and you lose you jailbreak, and for good with iOS 5!You can save your shsh for iOS 5, but it's worthless since apple changed the way they are handled at boot, there now randomly generated as others have mentioned.Another stupid thing you said, about apple releasing 5.0.2 and not being jailbreakable but 5.0.1 is, and new buyers getting 5.0. How do you expect them to put 5.0.1 without shsh? You can't arbitrarily generate shsh. If you got a device on 4.0 and 4.0.2 was out, you missed the 4.0.1 exploit.Please, grow a brain and think before posting such stupid comments! You seriously have no clue what you're talkin about. You've probably got a 3GS with 6.15 baseband and keep saying "ZOMFGBBQ! When are they going to fix it??? I didn't know I'd lose gps! Wtfgay!"
  • kitty
    kitty Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    If 5.0.X ll be not jb at all, Apple lost some consumers there are many other phone platforms
  • yes
    yes Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    you are exactly right
  • Zed Sefi
    via Wordpress
    @Stu: Actually the moron people are those who accuse others to be morons.
  • Zed Sefi
    via Wordpress
    When iPad 2 came out first, the majority of devices were (and STILL) sealed in the box with iOS 4.3.3 installed, in which it enjoyed the ability of having an untethered jailbreak. Yes I know that users couldn't save their SHSH files after Apple upgraded the firmware and closed signing the 4.3.3 blobs, but at least people were able to jailbreak and hold tight on a hope that future iOS firmwares (in this case 5.x) will be jailbreakable. You CANNOT IGNORE the intitial iOS 5.0 for iPhone 4S no matter how stable or buggy it is or not. It is because (and I say over again and again) the majority of iPhone 4S's in stock for at least the next 6 months or so are ALREADY packed and come with iOS 5.0 installed. Apple will NOT unwrap their packaging, wipe iOS 5.0, install 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 whateva, re-wrap, re-pack and sell the iPhone 4S's that they have with the latest firmware. You are the one who needs some education here, and vision too!!!
  • J-God
    J-God Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    I would wish everyone else is as smart as the Dev Team. If so, we wouldnt have a new phone with just two but really one upgrade ( CPU). I bet that moron will buy a new iPhone and not wait until there is a reasonable upgrade.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    GM should not take more than a week, public release in a couple.
  • burak
    burak Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    u can recover on an older iTunes like 10.1 to iOS 5