Apple Says Kindle Fire Contributes To Android Fragmentation, Isn't Worried About It Much

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Says Kindle Fire Contributes To Android Fragmentation, Isn't Worried About It Much

Apple's tight control over hardware ensures a uniform experience across all its devices. Android on the other hand, due to it's "open" nature, runs on varied levels of hardware, because of which a number of Android device owners have to deal with inferior performance.

Would Amazon's vertically integrated tablet, the Kindle Fire contribute to Android fragmentation? According to Apple, yes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
  • jambi
    jambi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Ho's be on my **** cause i look like Jambi
  • Aimee23
    Aimee23 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yes, Apple shouldn't worry about Kindle fire, at least now its iPad and iPhone 4S have sold so much, it have gained many customer on this road.BUt the Kindle fire will win great success, at least Im considering to buy one, for reading, watching, and I have already got Aneesoft video converter to prepare the movies watching.
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Oh snap! Did he just reference jambi!!! Pee wee!!!!
  • mato
    mato Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    great! you can write this to ur CV as one of ur greatest achievements
  • Chris Wade
    Chris Wade Posts: 50
    via Wordpress
    I also wrote this on another board:I think this is something that Netflix, Apple (especially iBooks) and Blockbuster's online service should all be concerned about, let's look at it this way:The low end kindle is $79, you can get a tablet for $199.Now, if you add Amazon Prime ($79 per year, which is about equal to $6.58 per month) you get the following:- Free 2 Day Shipping or $3.99 1 day shipping on most products on Amazon- Unlimited free steaming for tons of movies and TV shows (Amazon just added ABC and Disney, including some of the latest that Netflix lost the rights to)- Borrowing BooksIn addition, if you use Amazon's cloud service, you get unlimited storage space for your music (including uploads), if you buy just one Album (any price) for the first year, then just $20 per year to include unlimited space for music and get up to 20GB of data for everything else. You can also steam all of your music with the service, unlike Apple's iCloud. There are limits on the number of songs with iTunes match.By comparison, Netflix will run you $95.88 per year for just streaming video, nothing else. Blockbuster is similar, but they include DVDs and Blurays in the price, but it is slightly higher than just streaming.Now the fact that it is so much cheaper will definitely cause problems for Apple with the iPad, which will have people going to a Android Tablet and switching to an Android phone really wouldn't be that far behind.
  • HCWHunter
    HCWHunter Posts: 49
    via Wordpress
    You are aware that Amazon is selling the Fire at a loss (estimated @ $10/ea.), right? As an entry level tablet it's OK, but with limited memory, no camera(s), and smaller size, it's really no comparison to an iPad. It is direct competition to the Nook, however. Netflix is a perfect example of the danger of the subscription marketing model. It will do fine for a while then diminish as other content streamer competitors enter the market. Amazon already operates on a thin profit margin (about 3-4%) compared to Apple's 31-32% so I doubt that the Fire will have much impact on the iPad or on Apple.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I am even surprised that Apple is bothered.