Apple Rakes In More Than Half of Mobile Phone Industry Profits With Just 4% Market Share

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Rakes In More Than Half of Mobile Phone Industry Profits With Just 4% Market Share

Despite suffering a small drop from last quarter, Apple is still taking more than half of all profits in the mobile phone industry. This is only bound to go up in light of the iPhone 4S's popularity and its availability on three carriers.

Technology analyst Michael Walkley has found that Apple has taken more than half of profits among the leading mobile phone manufacturers:

“Apple generated a remarkable 52% of handset industry operating profits among the top 8 OEMs.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    So there is always scope for them selling us cheaper or better stuff (say a gorilla glass in 4S and better cameras, retina display in iPads).
  • Zig
    Zig Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    This shows just how high the markup is on iPhone, iPad and iTunes is. It really is obscene.On top of that, we have to jailbreak the phone just to make it work the way it should out of the box.I look forward to the expiry of my phone contract. Never again will I buy anything Apple.