iOS and Android Grab 58% Of The Portable Gaming Revenue In The U.S At The Cost Of Sony And Nintendo

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS and Android Grab 58% Of The Portable Gaming Revenue In The U.S At The Cost Of Sony And Nintendo

If we had told you that Apple and Google will account for almost two thirds of portable gaming revenue in the United States few years back then some of you would have probably said that we have lost it.

Fast forward to 2011, Apple's iOS and Google's Android mobile operating system have grabed 58% of the portable gaming revenue in the United States according to the results compiled by mobile analytics firm Flurry from NPD market research and Flurry's own mobile app data.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Micro
    Micro Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    Of course when todays games on ios looks better than console almost and way better than nintendo
  • Web Host Pays
    Web Host Pays Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Why didn't they put iOS and android in separate categories of their own? They're obviously competing platforms as well.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    This is article is to show how "mobile devices" whip the compition. Mind you this includes iPad and Tablet devices as well as i'm sure it would have been interesting how they broke down as well.
  • yup
    yup Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Can't wait to play Mario bros, Metroid or Zelda on my iPhone... CANT WAIT!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Post portable gaming device age has come.
  • I hate siri~ a.k.a Dice
    via Wordpress
    I agree the graphics on iphone with its display are great!, cant imagine a ipad2 not being a better experience. Whats kinda funny in this whole thing is sony was to be a nintendo add on, like the sega genisis had thier add on which they boasted gave them 32 bit capabilitys, (if i recall the size right) sony demo'ed thier product to nintendo, and who knows why declined it, so sony said FU nintendo and developed thier very own entertainment system. And thus begins the fall of nintendos status as top dawg!... I agree with the investors, they should consider makeing nintendo games for ios. Cause lets not overlook a device thats made by sony-erickkson thats called the playstation cell phone. And it features the look of playstation controller, with ps titles, and looks very clean and plays hella smooth.