Sprint To Start Locking iPhone 4S SIMs From Today, November 11th

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSprint To Start Locking iPhone 4S SIMs From Today, November 11th

We knew this was coming, and today Sprint confirmed that it would start SIM locking the iPhone 4S. The news comes from an internal memo obtained by SprintFeed and a press release obtained by Engadget.

The press release said:

Read the full story here

Comments

• baba
    baba Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    What about if I buy my phone directly from Apple store, and I use sprint sim, will it still lock my phone?
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    As long as your on sprint with an iPhone its going to be locked so you can only use the international sim provide by sprint. Unless you bought your iPhone before 11/11/11 and don't ever restore your iPhone again or unless you call and get it unlocked by sprint which requires the you to be in good standing with them.
  • Boomerang
    Boomerang Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Sprint beefed off spend time fixing their shitty ass network, more than talking about locking down the iPhone. Sprint gonna lose customers left right and center soon if they can't able to offer usable 3G connections.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    So those who never re-activate or restore are unlocked?
  • Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    agreed, i went to sprint from att and damn its slow compared to att, but cant go back to tethered data either.... my next plan is to go back to simple flip phone, no internet...