Adobe Flash Product Manager Outlines Reasons Behind Mobile Flash Failure; Partially Blames Apple

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAdobe Flash Product Manager Outlines Reasons Behind Mobile Flash Failure; Partially Blames Apple

Adobe's announcement of stopping active development of Flash for mobile browsers earlier in the week generated a lot of opinions about the future of the web. While most of them were optimistic about the developments happening in the HTML 5 scene, many Flash enthusiasts were unsurprisingly not pleased with the decision.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Skywalker
    Skywalker Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    It is just a matter of time now!
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    For what? Did you read the article? Or do you just like being first to post?
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    What a load of crap adobe just making up any excuse what about the 101 other mobile devices that they could develope flash for....I see microsft has also dropped flash from there mobile sector as well
  • G Snyder
    G Snyder Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    When. It's not really possible to ignore mobile browsing anymore. Who's going to bother to develop both HTML5 and Flash versions when HTML5 already works pretty much everywhere?
  • Azures
    Azures Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    I saw this coming months ago... HTML5 is here to stay.
  • RBD2
    RBD2 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I think he had a good understanding of the article.
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    ADOBE Making FOOL of Themselves:This is related to a bit of history when Adobe tried to mess around with Apple by releasing their new software versions on Windows first & delay the mac versions. Steve Jobs does not forget it so easily & waited for his appropriate time to give it back to Adobe....... Even though Steve justified the superiority of HTML5 over Flash then while dropping Flash.It was foolish enough for Adobe not to acknowledge the superiority of HTML5 then when Apple dropped it from IOS & made arrogant statement that they care a damn! rather than Now when they lost ground to Apps developers embracing HTML5, it didn't make any economic sense for Adobe, thus announcing to stop Flash from the Mobile platform as they are not at mercy to serve the other 101 devices.
  • FlashInthePan
    FlashInthePan Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I agree, Skywalker. Flash was Darth Vader and HTML5 is Luke.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Whats there to blame for that? he should be happy.
  • nizar ghosn
    nizar ghosn Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    .. ahhh guys .. steve jobs has right .. the people at adobe flash are very lazy ..!!
  • pandreas21
    pandreas21 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Flawed tech found its way to the trash can. Justice.
  • James McGlynn
    James McGlynn Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Paul is right adobe put foot in mouth for there past mistakes on screwing apple which did nothing but bring adobe up.but everyone one knows that the iPhone set the bar for mobile browsing.it had the highest number of users for a mobile browsing device.it set the standard and anyone designing web and video they would't want their product to be missed becuz the largest mobile device couldn't do it.they went on to bigger and better.so you can say that steve jobs really set the standard and shame on anyone that didn't want to get on that gravy train.sry adobe flash but your system runs to hard and were in a world where we want to streamline.I am a flash designer and I now study and use HTML 5 but hopefully the art of flash doesn't die.steve changed the game once again.