Tiny Umbrella Updated To Support iOS 5.0.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTiny Umbrella Updated To Support iOS 5.0.1

A new version of TinyUmbrella, the tool that allows you to take backups of SHSH blobs (ECID SHSH) to let you downgrade to older iOS versions has been released to include support for iOS 5.0.1.

Apple had released iOS 5.0.1 last week to fix some of the bugs that was affecting iPhone's battery life.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Frosti7
    Frosti7 Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    can i upgrade from 4.2.1 to ios 5.0 using tinyumbrella? (i should have 5.0 shsh because of cydia right?)Thanx :)
  • iGod
    iGod Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    why would you want too when itunes can do that?
  • Edgar
    Edgar Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Because probably the device running jailbreak on 4.2.1...if upgrade with itunes, no jaibreak unthetered more...Better upgrade with redsnow because preserve your baseband for unlockers...
  • Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    what if I'm on 4.0.1 and want to upgrade to 4.3? can anyone please walk me through this?
  • Pegger
    Pegger Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Any upgrade to 5.0 = No Untethered Jailbreak, only TetheredAny upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 = No Untethered Jailbreak, only Tethered through latest Sn0wbreezeAlso, it's not possible anymore to upgrade to iOS 5.0 with iTunes, it will update to iOS 5.0.1.I have another question.I have saved SHSH Blobs on my PC, but not in Cydia (Request SHSH blobs from Cydia was never on, so the Blobs came from the Apple server saved to my PC) My question is, can i upload SHS's to Cydia, so i can use Cydia to check the SHSH blobs when restoring to older iOS???(I know it's not really needed, but i like to have them on my PC and on Cydia :p )
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Tiny Umbrella is the best software for unlockers but I think nothing beats an unlocked device.
  • Pegger
    Pegger Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    - Backup your SHSH Blobs from iOS 4.0.1 with an app called iSHSHiT from the Cydia store (This way you always can go back to iOS 4.0.1)- Backup your iDevice with iTunes- Be sure you have iOS 4.3- Be sure you have SHSH Blobs for your device for iOS 4.3 (Important)(If you don't have them, there's no way you can go to iOS 4.3)- Get latest TinyUmbrella- Get iTunes---- Start TinyUmbrella- Go to the "Advanced Tab"- Tick "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit- Click "Start TSS Server"- Start iTunes- Ignore to warning about a new iOS 5.0.1 for your Device- Click on your iDevice- On Windows Press 'SHIFT and hold it, then click the restore or update button,- Browse to the location you have stored the iOS 4.3 file- Follow iTunes screens, if you get errors, Google to a solution for them :p
  • Jesse
    via Wordpress
    thank you sooo much!!!!!!!
  • Jesse
    via Wordpress
    ok so i have the ishsh**, it gives me the option to switch firmware to 4.3. is this what u mean by making sure I have 4.3 for my device? if not how can I find out? thanks and sorry if this seems dumb to ask.
  • Jesse
    via Wordpress
    ok I think I figured it out. I am downloading the 4.3.3 file directly from a link to my coputer. hope thats correct.
  • Frosti7
    Frosti7 Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    is it possible to upgrade from 4.2.1 to ios 5?
  • vesig
    vesig Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I have problem installing TinyUmbrella, every time i try to do it,it stop's on %17 and than nothing , what shoul i do? any suggestions?
  • jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    Hello;I have a 4.3 version, jailbroken Iphone 4 with jailbreakme, can I update to 5.0.1 now and still able to jailbreak it. Please advise... Thx
  • Toby
    Toby Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I have a iPhone 4 with 5.0.1 but wish to downgrade to 4.3.3, how do I start?
  • joris
    joris Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I just bought an iPad 2 with iOS 5.01, can i downgrade it to a lower iOS and then jailbreak it? Because i've read that it isn't possible to downgrade if you haven't did a shsh-blob back-up in a lower iOS?
  • Dj Rich
    Dj Rich Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Are you using Windows 7 and ie9? Sounds like it. Ifso, try installing Firefox browser and downloading through that browser. Hard to say for sure when you don't post the platform, browser or the type of Internet security software you are using.
  • Kent Kane
    Kent Kane Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    ^ My question is exactly the same as the poster above (Joris) I have a new Ipad 2 running 5.0.1 with no previously saved shsh-blob. Is it at all possible to downgrade to 4.3.3? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you
  • rocker
    rocker Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    how can i get tiny umbrella idoesnt appear on my ipod app store