Gmail App For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch Is Back In The App Store

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGmail App For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch Is Back In The App Store

Google's Gmail app is available in the App Store again.

Google had voluntarily removed the Gmail app less than an hour after it was released two weeks back due to a bug that broke Notifications and displayed an error message every time a user launched the app.

Google announced that they've fixed the bug and notification should work fine. Google has also improved the handling of image HTML messages so that they are now sized to fit to the screen and one can pinch to zoom in.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Michael Hartley
    Michael Hartley Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Not sure how much this will bug anyone that is running iOS 5.0 or higher but mine will not show me in the lockscreen when I get a email even though I have it turned on to show me and has now way of having the notification feature give it a banner alert or even middle screen alert.
  • Kenton
    Kenton Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I like the app, its got some bugs. The most depressing thing is that the email won't appear in the notification centre that you pull down.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Still does not beat the Mail app.
  • Toby777
    Toby777 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I agree with fas... I just use the built-in mail app to access my gmail using the Microsoft Exchange profile.I don't have any contacts on my phone as they just sync to my gmail contacts & also calendar with gmail calendar. So whatever changes I do on my phonebook & calendar, it is immediately reflected on gmail and vice versa.No need for a seperate app!Sure it doesn't have all the bells & whistles of the gmail app but for me, all that matters is that I have 1 main app that is capable of managing & syncing my gmail bits. :)
  • Alberto
    Alberto Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    wow!! thank you caroline!
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Who is Caroline? Lol. Anyway, the app sucksAnd as for the bells and whistles, what??Nothing new here. The only thing I like is thatIt's easy to star a message. But thats about it. Oh yeah, slowwww.