Galaxy Nexus & Ice Cream Sandwich Outperforms iPhone 4S & iOS 5 In Web Benchmarks; But Lags In Graph

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGalaxy Nexus & Ice Cream Sandwich Outperforms iPhone 4S & iOS 5 In Web Benchmarks; But Lags In Graphics Department

Samsung's Galaxy Nexus went on sale in the UK earlier in the week. It's the first smartphone to get Google's next generation mobile operating system - Android 4.0 dubbed Ice Cream Sandwich.

AnandTech has published some initial performance analysis of the flagship smartphone obtained from the GLBenchmark database, which reveals that it performs better than iPhone 4S running iOS 5 on the SunSpider Javascript benchmark and the Rightware BrowserMark, but lags in the graphics departments.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tetra
    tetra Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    actually i dont care about android outperforming iphone... as long as its iphone im for it! <= such a fanboy
  • Maxtor182
    Maxtor182 Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
    Android is the Microsoft of mobility. GARBAGE!!!
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    As with ALL phones, good in certain areas bad in others. At least with the iPhone there is a comfortable medium. People who usually bash iPhones dont know how to use it or just live a misreable life by complaining about everything.I get tired of hearing about Android beating iPhone. Android is an operating system not a phone. If Apple had 20 phones running iOS then you could make comparisons in sales and performance. Maybe i would listen to these reports if they rewrote them to be OS comparisons rather than OS vs phone. Until then I am fine with my iPhone.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    No matter how good it is, it just does not look appealing enough, plastic back.
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
  • kiddowiddo
    kiddowiddo Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Software buttons instead of hardware buttons? Sounds a good idea, but f*** me it looks ugly...
  • steve jobs jr.
    steve jobs jr. Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Fuc k your shi t scrap iphone. Android 2.3.5 is good enough tobeat ios 5.0, 5.0.1 iphone 4s (4sh**)
  • zoxxx
    zoxxx Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Phohe fans :) You kids realy need 2 find girl :)
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    People who bash iPhones don't know how to use it or life a miserable life? LOLI had an iPhone for two years and switched to Android. IMO both have their pluses and minuses but if you want to get the most out of what you've got then Android is the way to go. Way less limitations and hacking required. Heck, I haven't even had the need to root my device yet. Good to see the Galaxy S2 runs nice and strong. Personally, I think it's a better phone than the Galaxy Nexus. Anyways, keep fiddling the debate as I"m sure I'm in the minority here. I'll continue to just surf this sight regularly as I have some friends with iOS devices that look to me for help jailbreaking their stuff (they aren't the most tech savvy folks).
  • Robert Blackmon
    Robert Blackmon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Have you not heard that Android was hit hard in the months of October and November by Malware while iOS was untouched. You can't say that any version except maybe 4.0 can touch an iOS and Apple not finished with iOS 5 I still think that it will respond to the challenge.
  • scott deagan
    scott deagan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Just bought a Galaxy Nexus. Google still haven't nailed the lag issues Android is known for. It's better, but lag still exists and is still annoying. Why can't Google fix the lag once and for all? It nakes the "pure Google" experience "pure crap".Another thing - the Galaxy Nexus struggles with most video formats and streaming these from a NAS box. My Samsung S2, on the other hand, effortlessly plays back 720p from my NAS, and I have yet to find a format it can't play back.Will put this handset on Gumtree for £250 (that's what it's worth in my humble opinion).
  • rk
    rk Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    IphOne is awesome androids have a weird ass lag n they are horrific lpoking