Verizon iPhone 4S Ad Mocks Competitors' Coverage; Sprint's Ad Highlights Unlimited Data

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVerizon iPhone 4S Ad Mocks Competitors' Coverage; Sprint's Ad Highlights Unlimited Data

Metrico Wireless who carried out an extensive test with the iPhone 4S to find out which carrier is the most reliable and which one has the fastest network in the US concluded:

It appears all three carriers' marketing messages are spot on. While AT&T touts its data speeds, Verizon stresses that reliability trumps all else. Sprint, which didn't dominate its rivals in any performance category, instead promotes its status as the only unlimited carrier.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Opyz
    Opyz Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I try sprint but i give it back the top speed of data i see was 20kb's, the top ever was 52, and in some places when i was in roaming, i lov it, it was better roam, that sprint
  • SK
    SK Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    AT&T may be the fastest when it works, but often enough data speed slows down to a trickle. In our office building here in central NJ, the data speed during the day slows down so much, it’s barely enough stream Pandora. Sometimes I switch the phone back to EDGE, because there is nothing coming over 3G. The same in NYC, in some busy parts of the city, such as central park, you have all bars but not a single bit comes through on the data connection.So I wish AT&T would stop touting data download speeds that can only be achieved when you are the only one in a cell site, and would start upgrading the network at a pace that matches the one of the marketing department’s ability to sell iPhones.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    War between carriers, interesting.
  • Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress
    Anyone know what app the last icon shown on the sprint ad is for? It's like a duck's head or something
  • BDog_Grizzly
    BDog_Grizzly Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I have Verizon Wireless, live just south of St. Paul, MN and my Internet speeds are always awesome. I never have problems. My AT&T friends always have tons of connection problems and when they do have a decent connection their speeds are pathetic. Verizon is the way to go. Specially since I signed up BEFORE Verizon did away with their unlimited data plan. :-P
  • Boomerang
    Boomerang Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Sprint? So pathetic, sprint is the worst carrier. I have to return my 4s in ten days back to sprint. 8 put of ten times Siri has connection problem, webpages took close to 2 minutes to load sometimes. So what's the use having unlimited when u can't do jack with it? Sprint should be ashame that in this day and age their network is such a garbage.