Android Malware Has Increased Almost Five-Fold Since July; While iOS Has Been 'Untouched'

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAndroid Malware Has Increased Almost Five-Fold Since July; While iOS Has Been 'Untouched'

A report by the Juniper Global Threat Center has found that Android malware has increased by 472% since July of this year. They also concluded that this October and November were the months that showed the fastest growth of mobile malware on Android ever.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    I am not really think so people will opt for iso devices. Users are smarter than before as well. And in function-wise, android is better than iso. Dull iphone design also makes people shift to other devices.
  • Zig
    Zig Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    If I was abandoning Android because of security concerns, I would go for a Windows Phone 7.5 based device. I have had a gut full of the crippled functionality offered in a standard iOS device and am sick of having to jailbreak just to get it to work properly.
  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    If you install a firewall in your iphone (Like I do) you will You will be surprise to see how much stuff gets out of your cell phone without your permission. . I consider this malware too or not? Privacy?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    That is known as Open SourCE!
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    It's surprising to see how many people would compromise their personal info because of their hate for iOS devices.
  • Elducker
    Elducker Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I too was an iOS hater/synic/skeptic.Guess what...once I made the jump to iPhone, I never looked back.I'd bet that 90% of those 'haters' have never tried an iPhone. Get over yourself and join the revolution.
  • Trick
    Trick Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Whats the name of the firewall that you use?
  • steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    This still won't stop people moving to android, just like the same situation of windows vs Mac. Jailbreak and unlock is dying, that's the main reason why people leaving ios.
  • steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    where was last time you use android? a couple years ago?. that's the reason
  • L8te9ight
    L8te9ight Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    IOS 5.0.1 update has an option in "new term agreement" that allows you to op-out of location based advertisement.
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    This is 1 of the most terrifying stories I've read in regards to mobile technology. I am an avid apple owner (MacBook,iPad,every iPhone) & by no means a google or android hater. But at the end if the day it's what's best 4 the customer & what is most safe. I'll gladly always stick to nothing but apple products.
  • devol
    devol Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
  • iCiph4EG
    iCiph4EG Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Im going to say this, I have never seen people standing outside a sprint, verison or at&t store and wait in line for a EVO or any other android device that has ever came out... Nor have i seen a "android" store around... ummm ever... People tell me all the time you just like everyone else with a iphone. Well people who use android would be like everyone else also because damn near 90% of these other cell phone makers out here thats all their using is android. What sets your phone apart if you have some bs samsung running android and a HTC vivid running what?? Android... wow.... sooo different... not to mention apple products just look better then anything else out right now. Laptops, tablets, or phones, take your pick...
  • stevie
    stevie Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    totally agreed with you bro~
  • MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress
    Am i the only one that thinks they are both good i have both i like em the same i would say ios is more stable but u can do much more with android tied to me