Analyst: Android Market Makes 7% of Apple App Store's Revenue

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAnalyst: Android Market Makes 7% of Apple App Store's Revenue

An analyst with Piper Jaffray estimates that the Android Market has made a small fraction of the Apple App Store's gross revenue: 7%.

That's startling when you consider that a recent report had revealed that Android has captured  52% of the smartphone market during the third quarter.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hiv
    hiv Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    As someone who has an android I believe it. There are no apps I need to pay for. The quality of free apps is so much higher then apples. If you have ever read into how much money you have to pay just to start developing apple stuff then you know why everyone charges (need OSuX, developer license, etc).And yes my wife stupidly has an iphone4 so I know what I'm talking about, also the only reason I come to this site and know anything about apple and it's goddamn products.Plus steve jobs. steve jobs. I almost forgot steve jobs then steve jobs again. steve jobs develops from the grave. wolfram alpha? f*** that. steve jobs.
  • steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    Damn. we are paying too much.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Yes but this is exactly why developers like myself will not develop Android apps, and why there is a complete lack of quality paid apps. The other obvious downfall is that everything needs to be written in java, so it limits development. I simply couldn't port my program's over even if I wanted to, thankfully I don't!And it doesn't cost much to develop Apple apps at all, $99 a year isn't bad considering any half decent app can make that back in a day!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    But still Android is not taking much away from Apple's iOS revenues!