Microsoft's TellMe Vs Apple's Siri: Head To Head Comparison [Video]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMicrosoft's TellMe Vs Apple's Siri: Head To Head Comparison [Video]

Few days back, Microsoft's Chief Research and Strategy Officer, Craig Mundie in an interview with Forbes said that Apple's Siri isn't new technology, and that Apple had focused on it due to the iPhone 4S's lack of features.

He touted that the TellMe facility - Microsoft's voice recognition and instruction technology that has offered similar functionality has been available in the Windows Phone for over a year and that people are simply infatuated with Siri.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bakachin
    Bakachin Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    LOL! WTF teen anal?! Siri FTW!
  • MO3iusONE
    MO3iusONE Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I'm no Apple fanboy but, Siri is something to show up and brag about. I mean voice to text has been around for a while, especially with Android, they have a "mic" icon on their keyboard by default that allows you to say whatever you want and turn it into text. But Siri is its own beast. Its almost as if you have your own personal assistant in your pocket. I'm not gonna say Siri is awesome and that I'd use it all the time, but, its unique.
  • Jordi
    Jordi Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    As it has always been... Microsoft sucks. I think they are the most suitable folks to reinvent the wheel and they'll call it SquaredWheel.copycat.net and for sure it'll work for them. I can see Ballmer jumping and being excited about the squared wheel. But sorry, just PC folks understand their PC and they think that the rest of the world just works like a PC. Are they abducted or what?. Sorry for my bad English...
  • Morten G. S. Miehs
    via Wordpress
    Well duuh, the guy talking is an aussi!! Microsoft is US made!! Give it a little slack!! ;)
  • NotSo Much
    NotSo Much Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Not really a fair comparison kinda like comparing a mentally challenged person to a child prodigy
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    They cant be compared at all!
  • Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    damn, now i'm thinking about upgrading my 4 to a 4S just to enable Siri with an Aussie accent. how hot does she sound ?!?!?!?!?
  • MasterPhin
    MasterPhin Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Microsofts ability to penetrate a market and dominate it is gone since the Internet browser wars of the 90s. Just like the Samsung attacks, statements like Mundie's are a sign of desperation in the impotence of a technology giant in the face of true innovation. As Apple Fanboy, my approach to competition is hands on comparison. Holding a Windows phone or Samsung droid and playing with features made me realize how cheap made they are. You get unique things like the vibration response on the Samsung when typing, interesting user interface and features of both competitors, no question very attractive. Yet take the time and check out the all glass iPhone 4/4s - hold it at the same time. Smaller screen,sure. Just like Gates never was or will be a Jobs, MS, Samsung, Droids fall short in comparison of what matters most: user experience.
  • Microsoft has always took pride, and quite rightly, in its localization effort, so that's rather poor excuse.
  • akachay
    akachay Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    leg up on siri for understanding various form of speeches but this comparison is very biased. shouldn't siri and tellme be tested on how well they perform by it's native language? such as using the right terminologies to see if tellme can carry out it task like intended. mundie said they had similar functions that is if you know how to use it, he didn't say they have siri sister!
  • devol
    devol Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
  • Rcas
    Rcas Posts: 53
    via Wordpress
    I have a 4 and my roommate has a 4S that replaced his 3G, on the way back from the apple store when he first bought it, it took us all of 2 minutes to stump Siri and start getting wrong responses and interpretations of what we asked it. We were not asking off the wall things or trying to stump it. We asked "what's the traffic like here?" and got some weird response. Mind you the road noise from the car may have interfered with it but isn't that where you'd use it most? I'm very unimpressed with it and its not enough to get me to upgrade. I can do all that Siri can do with Voice Actions.
  • idroj
    idroj Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    you must be stupid or have apples balls sitting in your eyesockets for too long. apple is more sought after because they wrap mediocrity in brushed aluminum and repackage other peoples work as their own. and idiots like you lap it up. you understand that apple's r&d is a fraction of what microsoft spends...that microsoft devotes retarded amounts of money to new technology while apple plumbs the depths of human stupidity.
  • Boomerang
    Boomerang Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    What new technology Microsoft know about? It seems like u have that ugly dude ballmer's balls stuck up ur eye socket. Ballmer try to make a mockery of everything apple does, then he turned around, pull his ugly head out his azz and try to copy the same thing he criticized. U microsuck fanboy, must be ashamed of what microsuck comparing to Siri. Go back and watch the video again, and tell me if that piece of crap microsuck talking about, which all now didn't get one thing that the guy asked right. Hahahaha.
  • MikeL
    MikeL Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Please delete this offending comment by a crap lover. Is sure his is a PC & android guy. Is the same behavior about Apple products coming from both kind of people.
  • Shrug
    Shrug Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    last i checked, the iphone was also US designed. no excuse!
  • Shrug
    Shrug Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    and that was the point, the fact is the microsoft rep had no idea and made a comparison when in fact he shouldn't have.i've always hated the poor accuracy of text to speech, and Siri is miles ahead of its competition. apple should be proud. Hopefully this will raise the bar for voice recognition software in the years to come.
  • Woof!
    Woof! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    How is it that a site proclaiming itself “iPhone” runs a story with only Flash video? Does “Hacks” have its old meaning of incompetence?
  • Bruh
    Bruh Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Microsoft just knows what the average male phone user is looking for. No one ACTUALLY wants calender updates, and the developers at Microsoft recognize that, teen anal is where it's at.Lmfao...
  • BRBZ
    BRBZ Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
  • BRBZ
    BRBZ Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
  • trevor
    trevor Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Has been trying microsoft voice recognition SDK in window and phone. It just dont works.My tiny product did not get popular.http://starcraftcommander.blogspot.com/
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    microsoft guy was on crack, Siri blows Tellme out of the water there is no comparison. Tellme couldnt get any of the things it asked of it right thats sad as hell
  • SHALASHASKA.
    SHALASHASKA. Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    No its not ... Siri in Aussie is a girl I have it in that setting ... Uk is a guy
  • Phyroath
    Phyroath Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Microsoft is not user friendly - any new version such as office gives customers head scratching. Their voice recognition is bad - can not even get the windows interface to work
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    I use Android excuse me....I still love Apple and all their products, but as a lover for arduino boards and developing add ons etc, android is perfect... for me anyway.I will always say if you don't have my attitude to change and mods, then go with iPhone, you can never go wrong with apple. Except if you like to tinker with hardware....And yea, I am excited about Siri. I needed a bigger screen, and I'm happy that I can change and do what I want as I bought the device it is my right. Not like apples no you can't change it attitude....At any rate... can't wait for the REAL iPhone 5 :P that is sure to be awesome :)
  • just Some Info
    just Some Info Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    The Greatest Comeback Story Of All Time: How Apple Went From Near Bankruptcy To Billions In 13 YearsRead more: http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-comeback-story-2010-10#ixzz1es219JbcJust 15 years ago, Apple was on the verge of bankruptcy.But then – worried that it would be viewed as a monopoly without competition from Apple – Microsoft came to Apple's rescue with a $150 million investment.Had that not happened the world may never have seen iPods, iPads, iPhones or iMacs.But that was just the start of Apple's return to glory, the greatest corporate comeback story of all time.Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-comeback-story-2010-10#ixzz1es28jUVb
  • Learn the facts
    Learn the facts Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    If it were not for Microsoft there would be NO Apple....... Google it!
  • drexx
    drexx Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Apple should be proud? They didn't make Siri, they bought it. Being proud of a purchase is super materialistic.
  • drexx
    drexx Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Uhhmmm, its a youtube video, last I checked, most videos are converted into a mobile format to play on iOS. Theres even a youtube app....