Dev Team Working On Very Promising iPhone 4S Unlock

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Working On Very Promising iPhone 4S Unlock

Chronic Dev team broke the bad news earlier today that the exploits that they had discovered in iOS 5 beta that could have resulted in an untethered jailbreak for iOS device users and more importantly a jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users, has been patched by Apple in the final version of iOS 5.

But the ever-so dependable iPhone Dev team has just tweeted some good news for iPhone 4S users.

MuscleNerd tweeted few hours back:

Read the full story here

Comments

• ip4 craze
    ip4 craze Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Release 1st d untethered jailbreak..
  • Micro
    Micro Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    Untethered for 4S will be like a dream comes true with that speed of the phone :) cant wait for allthise tweaks what im gonna put inside :P
  • moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
  • Danny Kennedy
    Danny Kennedy Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    Sound good! I hope Dev Team Release soon before I am going to Travel to Vietnam, wish they will release in next two week. Thank you hard working.Kennedy
  • Jack Black
    Jack Black Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Great this are really masters hoping for untethered jb all iPhone's in the Netherlands are allready factory unlocked
  • SvS
    SvS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yesssss. The iPhone is almost perfect... iBlacklist is a must for using it for your business.
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    No need to jail break iPhone to unlock it, think about where the unlock comes from. Make a phone call and all is done, easy..
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    WHO CARES... we need the iPhone 4S jailbreak first. I don't know why anything would be worked on or completed before the Jailbreak for the iPhone 4S? Does anybody want a iPhone 4S for a iPhone 4. I am getting so board with the 4S, with no Jailbreak. It sucks to be perfectly honest. Really Really sucks... Please guys, help us out... :(
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    I thought apple start selling unlock iphone weeks ago. Why does dev team still bothers to find unlocking solution.
  • Jason
    via Wordpress
    Excellent Point!!!!!
  • Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress
    Iphones come locked up what they do else where is up to them. Before posting anything ignorant please READ carefully and understand that dev,s have to jailbreak phones for true customization etc. regularly it would be possible but I do hope a untethered jailbreak will come soon great job to the dev's
  • Spencer
    Spencer Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    @jason I have a 4s but have another iPhone 4 and would gladly trade you it for your 4s. Don't know if you were serious or joking but you should email me if your serious Deathbyillusion@live.com
  • Spencer
    Spencer Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Yes also the 4s's that arn't unlocked after 60 days of having it at least for verizon you can get it unlocked through verizion. Sprint also offers that but If you have AT&T they will not offer that sorry.
  • Jarhead
    Jarhead Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    At this point I'd settle for a tethered jailbreak for the 4s. I'm left scratching my head why the jailbreakers are using the betas for the framework for the jailbreak when it's apparently obvious even to a non-programmer like me, that the gold is the finished product available to the public. And the devs should be working on that which is readily available to the public. This would eliminate time spent on combing through useless code. I'm probably way off the mark on this, but from reading the tweets from Musclenerd and posixninja this is what appears to have happened.
  • CristV
    CristV Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    did they said baseband that will work with?
  • lando
    lando Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    How it will be release?waiting for the unlocked iPhone 4s SU at&t to be unlocked for all gsm sim card in all over the world...
  • MuscIenerd
    MuscIenerd Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    It's official, no Jailbreak will ever be available for 4S ans iPad 2.
  • Wupiwupi
    Wupiwupi Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    YES!!! And i believe of Santa Claus too :-)
  • Boris
    Boris Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Россия с вами, пaрни))) ждем и надеемся))) Russia with you, guys ))) waiting and hope ))))
  • Jason
    via Wordpress
    Where do u you get your information from?
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    In fact, unlock is not an important for most of users. But, Jailbreak is the difference story. I am waiting the jailbreak news. Because Indo not want to lost some great software such as SBSettings.
  • KD
    KD Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    WTF?!! So soon a unlock & untethered for the 4S?? Still their is not a unlock for i4. So the new one is easy to unlock but the older one is harder? 0_o
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    Now presumably even if we can manage to get a jailbreak (tethered or untethered) for the 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5 for those like me who ignored upgrading to 5.0.1 (using Charlie Miller's exploit hopefully), I wonder what is the point anyway if you are going to lose the jailbreak again (possibly forever) in case anything goes wrong on your device and you gonna be in a must situation to format it again (remember that SHSH blobs are useless now and this is kinda similar to iPad 2 jailbreak on iOS 4.3 that people have lost once upgraded to iOS 5 without being able to save 4.3 SHSH files). There is a serious need for a smart hacker to create self-dependant .ipsw (custom) firmware file for iOS 5 that can be restored with a third party app designed for it (not iTunes). I remember TinyUmbrella had plans in the past to create a version of their app that can be used entirely without iTunes at all. Is this thing ever possible now anymore? Alternatively if Cydia system can be improved (hint: mobile substrate) so that in case there is any problem with any cydia tweak that may cause crashing or have incompatibility issue with another app (which would cause the phone to be stuck on Apple logo loop or similar); then there should be a mechanism to prevent this, because once system crashed we will be forced to restore and thus we gonna lose the jailbreak. I hope that the guys behind Semi-Tether app are considering this matter seriously as a solution to this big problem.
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    To be very clear about this, I have been a jailbreaker for over 4 years. From experience whenever I had an iDevice that runs unjailbroken firmware, the system was very stable and I never has any issues like crashing or being stuck at boot logo or such, and the few times that I needed to do something were not forcing me to format my device at all (for instance resetting network settings or resetting all settings without erasing any contents).While, on the other side of the coin, whenever I had a jailbroken device (no matter how many apps and tweaks installed from Cydia whether they are in hundreds or just a few like mobile substrate, Sbsettings and Winterboard) I always had the risk of becoming vulnerable for the need to format my device again. During the life cycle of my jailbroken devices lives I lost the count of the hundreds of times that I was forced to format my device without being willing to upgrade the software intentionally (I had to rejailbreak on average of twice a month, once a week or even sometimes within few days or even hours, based on the tweaks I am installing when they tend to have clashing issues between themselves).You will never know, no matter how secure you feel, that you will wake up next day in the morning to find your iPhone stuck on Apple logo without a warning. Even if you are the most careful person in the world, an update on Cydia for infinidock may have something against shrink tweak and BAM! Your iPhone crashes and won't even boot! (this is an example to clarify my point).A jailbreak without the ability to reserve the firmware is like driving your car down a hill without brakes. Yes you are fine for now but sooner or later you will crash and have a bad accident when you reach the end of the road.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Now when the unlocked versions are available, who needs this anyways.
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
  • Santosh
    Santosh Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Thanks for your hard work. I am waiting for the unlock for 4s to be launched soon. C
  • ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    thanx for the hard work.
  • vaskany
    vaskany Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    if they will unlock 4s i4 will be unlock to they . thanks for Siri on i4.
  • Jason
    via Wordpress
    You said all off that because.....