Carrier IQ's Stealth Logging Software Discovered On Android, BlackBerry And Nokia Phones; References

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCarrier IQ's Stealth Logging Software Discovered On Android, BlackBerry And Nokia Phones; References Also Found In iOS

Few days back, Trevor Eckhart of Connecticut revealed that many Android, BlackBerry and Nokia phones come bundled with software called IQRD developed by a company called Carrier IQ that secretly logs everything a user does on the mobile phone.

The creepy thing is that Eckhart found the software logging even personal information such as text messages and web searches, which has raised serious privacy concerns.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress
    Yet android fanboys will continue to praise thri os and pretend nothing wrong is happening. Android is such a joke.
  • PicturePete
    PicturePete Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    So Craig the Iphone never tracked their users location history ?
  • Jed
    Jed Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    This has zero to do with so-called Android fanboys and EVERYTHING to do with illegal-sounding business practices by Carrier IQ. What really floors me is that the phone manufacturers don't seem to care enough to fully vet their phones before they go to market. I'm happy to hear my iPhone is safe...for now.
  • Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    Have you ever even used android? I've used both and while iOS is hands down the best when jailbroken it is also nothing without it. Android is a great platform that will soon resolve all these issues and will outperform iOS.
  • 4s Owner
    4s Owner Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
  • Learn the facts
    Learn the facts Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Apple was first once again and android is behind. For those who don't know or remember IOS was first in tracking software of this type so android is still behind.....next
  • WHat facts
    WHat facts Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yes IOS was tracking user locations , but Carrier IQ in Android , Nokia etc has gone a step further tracking EVERYTHING ..theres a big difference to that of IOS , tracking from your text to encrypted browsing etc ..no more privacy ..thats what happens when you open and OS to the world ..AKA android , with all that vulnerabilites in the OS , how wonder how many users sensitive information will know be exploited with this know fact !
  • Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
    First of all this is just your opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they all stink. Actually I have used both. I develop apps for both. The latest android os I have used is honeycomb and in my opinion it sucks. No offense to those who praise Android but i found the os to have a terrible UI. In response to "Android is a great platform that will soon resolve all these issues and will outperform iOS." - yes they probably will resolve this issue (only because they will have too) but as for outperforming iOS it is highly unlikely. Seeing that if not for iOS, the smartphone would still be as useful as they were back in 2006. Besides that as both OS's grow they will both outperform the other. In the end the only winner is the user who will get to choose what they like.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Now wont a case be done against all!
  • Ryan Grill
    Ryan Grill Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    How can I disable it on 4.1 or 4.3.3; the instructions "Settings -> General -> About -> Diagnostics & Usage -> Don’t Send." don't work for me. Don't see the Diagnostics & Usage option???
  • HIVAIDS
    HIVAIDS Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    this transcends stupid fanboyism, this is complete bullshit that this is allowed on ANY device! Android = google, and how many people here use google every day...What would steve jobs do? he needs to fix this from the grave. steve jobs. steve jobs will fix it. steve jobs predicted this when he clubbed a newborn calf to death. steve jobs!
  • Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    To disable it hold power button down and slide to power off
  • MattB
    MattB Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    These Android vs. iOS conversations are great and all but what about the real issue? What course of action is being taken against Carrier IQ?
  • badapple
    badapple Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    On my iphone 3gs i see no option "Diagnostics & Usage"
  • shark
    shark Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I have a 3gs and firmware 4.3.3 and I dont see the diagnostics and usage button either and ive looked all over. So how do I disable it? Im not jailbroken.