How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.0.1 Using Redsn0w [Updated]

124»

Comments

• Richard Dennis
    Richard Dennis Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hello,I own a iphone 3GS (not sure if it has the old bootprom or new)At any rate, I've jailbroken my phone and I am still on version 3.1.3 and I'd like to get to version 5.0.1 .. I currently have many applications I rely on from Cydia and would continue to rely on them when I upgrade.The instructions are NEVER CLEAR AND I GET CONFLICTING DETAILS so i am asing what steps should I take to upgrade successfully to 5.01thx..
  • Raphael
    Raphael Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Does anyone knows this error.....keeps happing all the time for me.......no successful firmware download after 60000ms!! Giving up...
  • Darren
    Darren Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    I have an iphone 3gs with old bootrom and after i follow the steps to go into DFU mode, it says "the connected device doesn't support untethered options" . Now from this screen i can only go back. . . . PLS HELP!
  • Edilson
    Edilson Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Same problem as well. Please help !!
  • Natale
    Natale Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i got as far as step 11...the process doesnt complete i left my computer on all night last night aswell to see if it would finish but it didnt..ANY IDEAS..?x
  • Natale
    Natale Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i had this problem aswell repeat step 4 again :) hope this helps
  • Mario
    Mario Posts: 101
    via Wordpress
    everything worked great! :D just follow instructions step by step and you'll be fine!
  • Jobbe
    Jobbe Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have followed these steps for 2-3 times now and my Iphone 4 always gets to the "pineapple logo" after I boot tethered with the redsn0w "just boot". But nothing happens, even if I wait for half an hour or more - the pineapple logo just stays on the screen.I have downloaded the iPhone3,1_5.0_9A5220p_Restore.ipsw and I am using the "Select IPSW" each time I jailbreak or try to boot tethered.Anyone having the same problem? and a solution? Thanks
  • greeny
    greeny Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i keep getting the message saying " the connected device doesnt support unteatherd options" i have a 3gs old boot on ios 5.1 . is anyone else having these problems and how can i get around it???? i have followed all steps to the t but still aving problems ... PLEASE HELP....
  • ratedking
    ratedking Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i've downloaded the firmware for iphone 3gs above but its in dmg file rather than ipsw file. how do i change so its a ipsw file?thanks.
  • Jobbe
    Jobbe Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Update: If I add the "-v" flag when booting teethered, I get the following repeated lines in the boot up:com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.launchd 1 System: Still alive with 0/0 (normal/anonymous) childrencom.apple.launchd 1 com. apple.securityd 0 (com.apple.securityd) Mach service is still activeAnd if I wait for 10-15 minutes it continues into normal boot sequence (not jailbreak) - i.e. Cydia does not work.
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress
    After i hit the jailbreak and everything loads, and i do the DFU mode the computer and redsn0w recognize it, but then it just says rebooting and my iphone screen is on but nothing happens?? what do i do?
  • jonathanmarte
    jonathanmarte Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hi, i wanted to know if this would work on a iphone 5 with ios 5.0.1 firmware 04.11.08?thanks!!!!
  • jonathanmarte
    jonathanmarte Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    sorrry meant iphone 4********************
  • marzipan
    marzipan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I had the same thing happen to me....and yes, I followed the directions step-by-step
  • helefa
    helefa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    did all the steps, worked great, until it boots and tells me I need a valid sim. Is this normal? i don't have the original sim. Even if you've answered someone else a million times, pls answer this post too. i've read thru the whole thread and didn't find the answer.thanks
  • lar
    lar Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    i accidentally updated my jail broken and unlocked iphone 4 on 4.0.1 to the latest firmware. i have used redsn0w to jailbreak, launch cydia but cannot unlock to use with any sim. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks in advance
  • Ravneet
    Ravneet Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hey!!Plz hlp me..Aftr jailbrking 5.1Netwrks are nt cmingJust showing no serviceI hav dwnloded ultrasnow frm cydiaBut stil no netwrk avlble
  • Ravneet
    Ravneet Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hey!!Plz hlp me..Aftr jailbrking 5.1 (3gs)Netwrks are nt cmingJust showing no serviceI hav dwnloded ultrasnow frm cydiaBut stil no netwrk avlble
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hi sherwin,I have the same problem, did you fix it ?
  • Tyger
    Tyger Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    my iphone 4 cannot be switched on because i apparently didn't switch it off before plugging it into the computer; is there a known solution to get it working again? please help me. thank you.
  • Meghan
    Meghan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hey okay so I got it! But, It is not letting me launch it the page just blicks how do I fix it?!
  • T. J.
    T. J. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Whill the accessibility such as the voice over still work after useing this?
  • Abhishek Mallabadi
    via Wordpress
    Hi, I ve 3gs and it was jailbroken it was working fine, Now i ve upgraded to 5.0.1 but am not able to activate it, only configure screen is coming. when i try to jailbroke thru redsnow, it shows "Connected device doesnt support untethered version" , am not understanding wat to do n hwo to do.... plzz help me..
  • Daud
    Daud Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I had unlocked IPhone 3gs, with IOS 4.1, then i connected with iTunes 10.6.0.4 and downloaded IOS 5.1, during installation, it was stacked due error occurs, then it recommended to restore, after that it ended up factory setting which shows no APPs Icons. No Service nothing.Pls advice, i need to come back to jailbreak and Unlocked pls HELP, Help,Help
  • Daud
    Daud Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I had unlocked IPhone 3gs, with IOS 4.1, then i connected with iTunes 10.6.0.4 and downloaded IOS 5.1, during installation, it was stacked due error occurs, then it recommended to restore, after that it ended up factory setting which shows no APPs Icons. No Service nothing.Pls advice, i need to come back to jailbreak and Unlocked pls HELP, Help, Help