xCon: Jailbreak Tweak Allows You To Bypass Jailbreak Detection By Apps

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagexCon: Jailbreak Tweak Allows You To Bypass Jailbreak Detection By Apps

Ever since Apple introduced an API in iOS to detect jailbroken iOS devices, developers have been using it to prevent users who have jailbroken their iOS devices from using their apps. They're typically greeted with the following error message: “Jailbreak detected. App cannot run on a jailbroken device” when they launch such apps.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I never knew, Apple had an API for developers to detect jailbroken phones
  • Jaylou180
    Jaylou180 Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks once again to the jailbreak community. It works great for the optimum app.
  • Brouski
    Brouski Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've seen apps give warnings on a jailbroken device about the "security risk", but they still worked. Blizzard's battle.net Remote Authenticator, for one.
  • yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Umm... care to tell us the name of the tweek and/or repository used?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The name of the jailbreak tweak is xCon. We've mentioned it in the title of the post.We've also updated the post to include the name of the tweak.
  • saif
    saif Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Whats next? An update tweak that detects tweaks that detects jail broken apps?
  • Srs913
    Srs913 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    What's the point of Jailbreak tweaks without a untethered 4S Jailbreak?
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Are all of you that much of a tight ass to not buy apps, what if the whole world paid for no apps, well there would be no apps then you would have a jail broken phone with no apps. I hate that we live in such a world that people don't want to pay there way and complain about why is there no jail break, winge cry cry just man up and pay for what you use then there is no problem everything works and then app developers like me can continue to do what we do best, and also try to make a living after all people who steel and pirate apps are really hurting the people who spen hours making them, think about it what if you turn up to work and your boss says what are you doing here there is a robot doing your job for free, now how do you pay your bills. Just a small thought.
  • Dipen
    Dipen Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Dipen
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Please add the good email app to this program as you can't use it on a jailbroken iPhone and it would show all those corporates that pay loads for this rubbish app that it's not that secure
  • vesig
    vesig Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    everything was given to people for free from mother nature, why devils like u want to make money from anything,why don't u pay me for breathing the air and using the sun light,freak GET LOST white nose hendrix ghost
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks you so much...! I was unable to use Skype... It gives me a WARNING (This App can not use in Jailbreak device) Now I can use it...
  • Dipen
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Skype works on jailbroken iPhones update your version
  • Srs913
    Srs913 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    In means of today being the digital age, everything digital music, movies, apps, games deserves to be free and shall continue to be pirated because its greener that way. Think about it, i could go to the store and buy a cd or just download it. Downloading is greener and helps the enviroment brcause now i dont have to throw away a useless cd after ripping it to itunes. I am going to continue being the greener pirate and do my part in saving the earth.
  • Divxclub
    Divxclub Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Works 100% now I can finally watch my nfl while "away" from tv ;)
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    Options
    All I want for Christmas is an untethered jailbreak.
  • mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This tweak worked perfect with the Optimum app! Since I'm with T-mobile I have to jailbreak my iPhone 4 to be able to unlock it via ultras 0w. BTW I have baseband 1.59 the only unlockable baseband available for the 4
  • Elim
    Elim Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    Options
    that is for those iphone users other than 4S which is currently bigger in numbers than 4S. that is why.......
  • stevie
    stevie Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    we have a online cinema booking app over here which display the JB app issue but the app still works. But sadly PayPal option had been disable due to that. But C/C option still available.
  • Facwaggin
    Facwaggin Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I know many people that jailbreak their phone not for piracy but for freedom of customizing their iPhone as they see fit or for apps that have awesome features that Apple hasn't or won't approve or implement.Not right that an app you purchase won't work just because you've jailbroken your iPhone for legit reasons like unlock or customization.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This app in no way helps users to use pirated apps. This only helps users to use Wi-Fi Only apps over 3G. We're against piracy of apps and completely agree with your point of view.Here's a note from the developer of the jailbreak tweak who is of the same view:xCon will NOT patch crack detection, only jailbreak detection. ModMyI (as well as me, personally) are strongly against app piracy, and as such we will not promote usage of stolen apps by disabling crack detection.
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I am unable to find the hack. Where am I not looking?
  • Huh?
    Huh? Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Are you kidding me? you can buy the music, movies, apps, and games online without a hard copy so what are you talking about? don't act like your doing it for some altruistic reason, ass hole.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The App development comm is really progressing.
  • Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Dear n00neimp0rtant,THANK YOU! THANK YOU!This app saved me a lot of headaches!!please keep up the good work!!
  • Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Does not work with the latest Directv app update or possibly just doesn't work on my iPad 2. Either way I cannot open app, still get not supported with jailbreak.
  • Rocky
    Rocky Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Options
    helloi just wanted to ask that u mentioned that we can download X con form Cydia free..but we get cydia only when our ipad is jailbreaked.. please explain where can i download Xcon from..thankyouplease respond and reply here and to himrak98@yahoo.com
  • sisi
    sisi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This worked perfectly for my iphone 3gs with ios 5.0 last night, but today i upgraded it to 5.0.1 using the recently published untethered jailbreak. now i cannot open the optimum app at all with it. the logo appears, and then it crashes. when i remove xcon the app opens, but i get the 'unauthorized version' error message. what do i do??
  • buffybear
    buffybear Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options