Simple Multitasking Gesture Concept For iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSimple Multitasking Gesture Concept For iPhone

If you don't like double tapping on the Home button to access the multitasking bar then you're going to love this simple concept for multitasking created by UI designer Max Rudberg.

Rudberg felt that double tapping on the Home button felt slow and interrupted his flow while using the iOS device.

He writes on his blog:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kao Saephan
    Kao Saephan Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    I had that gesture assigned to activator and had been using it for a long time to open the app switcher. It feels much better than double tappIng the home button.
  • BruTTus
    BruTTus Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I use activator configured with a right slide on the hour bar, and does exactly the same.
  • Mackie
    Mackie Posts: 52
    via Wordpress
    Apple will copy the soft button from Android phone in iPhone 5.Google is ready to take Apple to court.
  • Mackie
    Mackie Posts: 52
    via Wordpress
    correction: upcoming iPhone 6 (capacitive home button)
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    The opposite to notification centre?Who uses that multi tasking bar anyway? I want multifl0w back please....tempted to go back to i4 from i4s because unjailbroken it's quite lame
  • spoon
    spoon Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    It is the user inter surface (UI) from that of meego N9....from what i see from the video it is exactly the same...on that Nokia N9...so i dun really think that it would be on apple products any sooner......Even though i also agree that the home button on my iPhone is no longer as responsive as it should be. A double tap is often interpreted as a single tap which means that instead of showing the multitasking drawer it either closes the app, or if I’m already on the home screen it takes me to the search page.A simple gesture would decrease the wear and tear of the hardware button, and also speed up the usage of the multitasking drawer. You simply start dragging from outside the bottom of the screen and move your finger onto the screen. This edge swipe would activate the multitasking drawer.This could be an optional setting, in the same way that Apple has made the iPad gestures optional. Certain apps might have a conflicting gesture, or a novice user might activate it accidentally. So the default behavior should probably be to have this turned off.
  • Kitos
    Kitos Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I use the "Multicleaner" from Cydia and it is really helpful. Just slide the status bar from right to left and close all apps. Or double tap on status bar and ir opens the multitasking ready to close the apps. Try it! ;)*You have to use the way you want to do the actions with activator.
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    blackberry playbook already has this on their tablet. swiping your finger from the bottom upwards towards the screen. really good concept but if they implement this then here we go with rim vs apple
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    How to install this tweak?
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    I like this gesture. I hope Apple implements this feature in the future updates.
  • ITcrowd
    ITcrowd Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Activator is installed automatically when you install SBSettings. I've been using this "multitasking gesture concept" for more than a year. I also set long press on status bar to simulate pressing Home button and double tap to lock device. With these gestures I use Home button only to wake device from sleep.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    If the gesture doesn't work in third party apps what is the point? You can't override gestures of third party apps or you would be disabling functionality such as scrolling. What is so difficult about double tapping the home button?
  • who cares
    who cares Posts: 83
    via Wordpress
    Ummm...anyone not see the major flaw with this? What about apps I use this simple scrolling motion for (Safari, iTeleport, Facebook, ummm basically everything...)Sometimes the things posted on this site are complete garbage....
  • ITcrowd
    via Wordpress
    Point is that Activator multitasking gesture works in all applications. I haven't seen any app in which it doesn't work :-) It is very nice to use only light touches on the screen instead of pressing Home button.
  • ITcrowd
    via Wordpress
    Scrolling gesture typically doesn't start outside of the screen so there is no interference.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I dont think, this will go into production any time soon.
  • Kao Saephan
    Kao Saephan Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    I've been using this gesture for a long time. It's already working with activator, but it's just not as responsive as notification center. If apple would implement it, I think it would work smooth. Think opposite of notification center; swipe top down for notification center and bottom up for app switcher. For the people who seem to think it would affect scrolling in other apps, does notification center disrupt your scrolling?