iFaith Updated To Add Support For Dumping iOS 5.0.x SHSH Blobs, Which Will Allow You To Downgrade In

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiFaith Updated To Add Support For Dumping iOS 5.0.x SHSH Blobs, Which Will Allow You To Downgrade In The Future

Few months back, ih8sn0w - developer of popular jailbreaking tool Sn0wbreeze had released a tool called iFaith that allowed users to take a dump of SHSH blobs of the iOS running on their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV 2G.

As you know there is another tool called TinyUmbrella that also takes a backup of SHSH blobs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Romylmp
    Romylmp Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Did i not see the mac version here???
  • 7107 islands
    7107 islands Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'm a lil confused w/ this iFaith.. what future advantages does it give if im still running 4.1 on a fac unlock unit? coz iOS 5 doesnt have a flawless untether JB yet so i decided to skip updating as of the moment. What benefits would come handy by time i decide jumpinging to 5.x?
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    So, right now I have iPhone 4S and the only SHSH blobs saved are the useless TinyUbrella 5.0.1 and beta 5.1. iFaith cannot work with my iPhone yet, but what if a jailbreak releases on xmas for 5.0/5.0.1/5.1? (I am still holding on iOS 5.0 even if I can't save it's SHSH files). Would this mean once I jailbreak my device I would become able to save iOS 5.0 blobs using iFaith? (Presuming iFaith would be updated to take advantage of jailbreak's access to the A5 chip and make it possible to dump the SHSH blobs of iPhone 4S). This would be great news because if this is possible then iPhone 4S & iPad 2 users would become able to re-jailbreak with iOS 5.0 or higher whenever they need to restore the device :)
  • moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
    there are alot of upgrades and additions. Most you dont notice until it occurs on the screen type thing =P
  • raj
    raj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    HiI am using ios 5.0 on iphone 4S. Should i use ifaith so that i can downgrade my device for future JBs if needed?
  • axe
    axe Posts: 185
    via Wordpress
    Did u even read them damn post correctly? Lazy ass !
  • dennis
    dennis Posts: 89
    via Wordpress
    Am not sure if I should use this ... on version 1.3.2 .. have managed to save the SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3 / 4.3.1 and 4.2.1 locally and to the server of iFaith and when restoring using iFaith 1.3.2 it actually restore without any error but still the iPhone 4 goes automatically to the never ending DFU mode. Nobody could give an exact solution at all.
  • raj
    via Wordpress
    I did read the post and its uncertain whether one can use it for iphone 4S or not. Your lazy ass comment is very personal, dumb ass. Be polite
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Why downgrade when old iOS have so many buggs and new Apps are not supports on old firmware??
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    You may read my post above your original comment. iPhone 4S and iPad 2 currently cannot work with iFaith but I would recommend you download it, keep it on your computer without using it for the time being. Hang on on your iOS 5 (I am doing the same) because if a jailbreak becomes available, then iFaith may work with our devices (or its gonna be updated to work with our devices) because the jailbreak will make it possible for iFaith to access the root files and grab the blobs of iOS 5 from there, me thinks ;)
  • Gadget freak
    Gadget freak Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Can I use iFaith v1.4 to save iphone 4.3.5 blobs? My iphone4 gm is currently on 4.3.5 with no blobs ever saved.
  • anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress
  • Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    Important: Please note iFaith does not support A5 devices (iPhone 4S and iPad 2) yet.It appears he was right.
  • raj
    via Wordpress