Apple Jobs Postings Hint at Possible Siri API For Third Party Apps And More

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Jobs Postings Hint at Possible Siri API For Third Party Apps And More

Yesterday, Siri UI Manager - Dan Keen at Apple tweeted that there were two job openings in the Siri team. One was for a Sr. iOS Software Engineer, the second one was for a iOS Software Engineer and according to AppleInsider there are also three more positions open for "Language Technologies Engineers".

The job postings reveal that Apple is looking for engineers to work on Siri's user interface, new languages and more interesting an API.

Read the full story here

Comments

• A1d3N
    A1d3N Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Update my Facebook & twitter for me
  • Srs913
    Srs913 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    You can already use Siri to update Facebook and Twitter.
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    Yeah via email or txt but it's just not the same
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    I want her to be understand me when I'm driving and concentrate on one person not people yelling in the background.Also using dictation to write message makes the message app crash normally when used for just one or two words
  • danyberlin
    danyberlin Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    implementing siri apis for developers is the next big thing in ios 5. also great would be, if other languages worked as neat as english. i cant access local services in german, and in germany which is obvios, but wolfram alpha for basic calculations i miss the most. i tried it out first in english but that got pretty annoying when youre in germany :) so i switched to german. so far asking siri to play songs works great until you tell her to play a song that contains an english name or any word. you basically have to ask her with a german prononciation - ridiculous. sounds stupid. i guess even more in french. you can change voiceover prononciation in itunes for the ipod shuffle but i dont know if that help in this case and it makes no sense to change this option for every song. itunes match could help dealing with this issue, but its yet unavailable in germany.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    LOOKS like Siri is going big in 2012.
  • justine bleu
    justine bleu Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    i want siri to work even without connection or work offline
  • dice
    dice Posts: 94
    via Wordpress
    I want siri to sound more realistic, i want siri to pick winning lotto tickets for me , i want siri to get pissed off when i got ladys with me, i want siri to cook, i want siri to drive me to work, i want siri to work and bring in a income, AND most importantly, i want the damn thing to work, ALL the time........
  • NorGod
    NorGod Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    WTF????????? R U IDIOT OR WHAT??? You should marry with siri instead. hahaha the good thing is that siri doesnt covered married. hahaha idiot. get a life you ass hole.