Motorola Wins Injunction Against Apple In Germany, Could Ban Sales of iPhone & iPad

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMotorola Wins Injunction Against Apple In Germany, Could Ban Sales of iPhone & iPad

Apple's patent woes worsen, as their lawsuit with Motorola Mobility has reached an interesting point. An initial ruling in Germany could prevent Apple from selling all versions of the iPhone and the original and 2nd-generation iPad.

FOSS Patents reports that this is the first "substantive" ruling on this case, as the previous default ruling will be discussed at a hearing coming up in February.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Motorola could offer them the usage under FRAND.
  • tuone
    tuone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Motorola refused to offer them the useage under FRAND. i think? they refused a licensing deal? and apple was saying that they had the right to not pay if the licensing deal turned out to be unjustified. Motorola has masses of patents, and it's good for business if motorola doesnt sue every company that uses mobiles, no one sues each other, money is made by all, everyone is happy. motorola normally doesnt have the time to sue all the people that use it's tech reasonably. vodafone, and the other phone pioneers also had phone patents and it made sense not to sue each other.... But apple is a new mobile co, and decided to try and block samsungs sales and attack motorola also. it is developing a hostile philosophy to try and ban any other touchscreen, tablet phone, device. so motorola is now obliged to sue them to show that hostile business costs more in lawyers than in revenues and that apple should make new innovations and not sue about old ones. Jobs forgot to make an all powerful innovations department at his company to replace him priot to leaving, and that is why apply will now becaome a standard boring company.
  • The bazik
    The bazik Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Totally agree with you, apple had it coming .... (sent from my iPhone 4s)
  • Sandy
    Sandy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Totally agree...Infact i am a fan of apple products. Only thing i dont like is apple filing cases on other companies. Let them copy the things... people in the present world are clever enough so as to know who invented and introduced first and who copied it later. If apple thinks samsung/motorola/ (or some X) is copying their products let it be. They will remain as copy cats and still apple as always can try to discover and invent new things.
  • Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress
    apple invent WHAT!? just this summer Apple had to pay Nokia 3 billion this company is a copy cat the iphone is not a phone it's 90% computer 10% phone remember that
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    3 billions? Holly Sh!t...! Suck that Apple...! Ja ja ja