Developer Responds To Removal Of Fake Driver's License App From App Store

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDeveloper Responds To Removal Of Fake Driver's License App From App Store

A couple of days ago, Apple pulled down an app that allowed users to create fake driver's license on the request of a U.S. Senator. The app which was on the App Store for over two years, could apparently be misused for illegal activities.

According to DriversEd.com, the developers of the app, Apple didn't contact them even hours after pulling down their app. When finally contacted, Apple cited a section of the App Store review guideline, which read:

Read the full story here

Comments

• FUCKYOUUSA
    FUCKYOUUSA Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • xero14
    xero14 Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    They shouldnt have to put a giant watermark apple shouldnt be giving in to these senators like this
  • Scott Buschlen
    Scott Buschlen Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    They would be fake and fun. Everyone with a drivers license knows what their state or provincial license looks like. Since these are designed to look different than the original, anyone would instantly recognise the differences for their local license. Especially a cop.
  • Cb
    Cb Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    I guess some of you never had a fake license or were really stupid and made yours from the state you lived in. Making the fake license from a state other thanyour own (or those surrounding yours) is pretty much Rule #1 back in the day when I was making them. You don't make a fake DL from Virginia if you live there...you make it from Missouri because in all likelihood a bouncer/doorman/liquor store clerk will have seen very few, if any, from that state. And if you are trying to pass off a fake DL to a cop..well, you are a freakin' moron and i hope cop beats you down.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    I'm from pennsylvania, and trust me, we have some of the most corrupt lawmakers in the country. They all are corrupt at one level or another, but PA is up there near the top. That being said, I agree with the developer. I can pull photos of Real drivers licenses for any state right off google. I can then photoshop those to add anything I want. Any bartender who would think a driver license made from this app is real, laminated with cheap walmart laminate, should be fired. Any bouncer letting a kid past the door with one of these fakes, should be fired. The senator who thinks these fakes would pass a legit bartender or bouncer should be fired. If a bartender or bouncer would except these reproductions, they will likely accept much much less, and don't really care who they are serving. Apple listening to the rant o one corrupt senator is sad. Everyone needs to start using some common sense. I guess the senator will want o shut down google next for making photo ids available to minors.
  • zak
    zak Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
  • Reeeally
    Reeeally Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Bet you the senator is a Fat man that eats donuts while playing angry birds
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    They are niggers who hate fun apps
  • Michael Heister
    Michael Heister Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Apple's wrong on this one. And putting "Fake License" on it ruins all the fun.Professionals who deal with such things - even the guys behind the counter at the 7/11 selling beer and cigarettes - are trained to tell real identification from fakes. Nobody with in IQ higher than Rick Perry's is going to be fooled.
  • Lee Wilks
    Lee Wilks Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    This is the first time that I hear about it. I never thought that apple app can have a fake license. I can say, there are lots of brilliant developer now that can make this possible. I agree, creating this mistake makes it ruin the whole FUN. But, I still love apple app. :)
  • Paulantone
    Paulantone Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Doesn't anybody see the HUGE marketing opportunity here? Ok, *hint:"From the Developers of the recently pulled, and widely notorious FAKE DRIVER'S LICENSE app, comes ...tadadadadada... Fake CIA I.D. !" *available now for only 1.99$ in apple app store. :D
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Well people get more ideas from this, so it was removed.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    I'm waiting for the fake KGB personally.... Planning a trip to Russia, would be fun to abduct people off the street for an hour or two while over there .....
  • a
    a Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
  • Red
    Red Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    How about an app to create fake senators?
  • A666R
    A666R Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • constantine
    constantine Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    well :D instead of that they better go to downtown of la and get all the mexican ppl who are makeing that dream to come true :D:D:D