7.85-Inch iPad Mockup - Will You Buy One?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
image7.85-Inch iPad Mockup - Will You Buy One?

Ever since Apple launched the iPad in 2010, there have been rumors that Apple will launch a smaller and cheaper version of their tablet - unofficially dubbed iPad mini.

Steve Jobs had famously taken a dig at Apple's competitors for launching tablets that sport a 7-inch screen. Steve Jobs had this to say at a conference call last year about upcoming tablets from competitors.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LoganExplosion
    LoganExplosion Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    No thanks. I'm waiting for this head tracking, (glasses free) iPad3D that's coming out. The full size one!
  • Release
    Release Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I will buy 1 only to wipe my ass on
  • Release
    Release Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Using the toilet paper app that is!
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    If it cost $200 sure ill buy one...! 8^)
  • Wagwan
    Wagwan Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Not for me personally as i dont see a need to upgrade from my ipad 2 for quite some time as it meets all my needs. But if the "mini" ipad is scaled down in the same ratio screen perhaps with a higher pixel density to match the ipad 2 or 3's resolution so theres no need for apps to be designed for 2 different sizes or ratios. I think most of Steves reservations about a smaller tablet would be solved and I'm sure he was smart enough to have known that, but figured many android tablets need to be called out for being generally in my experience a 16:9 or 10 ratio generic, relatively low resolution screen and they really are rubbish to use compared to an ipad esp in portrait mode because of appreciably less horizontal real estate/pixels and it feeling odd to read/use comfortably etc
  • Paulantone
    Paulantone Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I'd totally buy a 7" ipod touch :D
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Yet another day, yet another rumour.
  • Keypurr
    Keypurr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I will buy two, one for me the other for my daughter. I will give my grandson my iPad1. I also have the kindle Fire and I love it for its size. But the Apple quality does not come with the Kindle so hurry up and make the 7.8 inch pad.
  • Camera Boy
    Camera Boy Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    No, I'm happy with the current size and I don't want my iPad to be smaller!
  • iROCKu
    iROCKu Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    They should just name that the iPod Jumbo
  • Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress
    OMG! Oh Apple,Please stop finding ways to take my money. Every time I turn around you have released yet another wonderful product. Your truely genius in finding new ways to force me to spend my money on some new toy. I have bought everything from a MacBook Air (13") to the iPod touch. iPhone 2~4siPad 1~2iTouch 1~4MacBook AiriPod OriginalWell I guess not everything, but pretty darn tootin close! To answer the question from the article, yes, 100%! I would even wait in line on release day. What can I say I love all things i!This would fit nicely between my iPad and my iTouchy feely!This is just like an iPod Touch getting it on With an iPad 2! I cannot wait to buy their offspring! Please release it soon.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    I have iPhone 4 already, that is too small
  • Apple is GOD
    Apple is GOD Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    All the apple lemmings will buy they can't help themselves. Then they will swear up and down how revolutionary it is and apple is GOD steve jobs is taking over heaven and will start heaven 2.0 !
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    Wow. The release of a 7 inch tablet would make Apple hypocrites, would it, consider they bashed all other maker of 7 inch tablets as too small? But I sure no one will remember that and they'll go buy it in droves.
  • steve jobs jr.
    steve jobs jr. Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Can new ipad mini replace condom?
  • KR
    KR Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    OK has Apple got Steve Rolling in the grave??
  • Jim Wilson
    Jim Wilson Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I would definitely get the smaller 8" iPad... Many folks want something a bit smaller to fit better in a briefcase or ladies purse... It's a good reaction by Apple to react to competition... Recall Apple has three screen sizes for the MacBooks, why not multiple sizes for iPads, makes lots sense to me... And it's easy to do.. Look at the insides of the iPad 2... Lots of internal room for trimming the case and screen size with little or no modification to the electronics or the battery... Looks to me like there is almost 1" of empty space all around the internals, like Apple was planned for this possibility many years ago in their design... Jw.