How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Without Updating Baseband Using Redsn0w For iOS 5.0.1 [Mac/Win

Comments

• The Truth
    The Truth Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Hackers Aren't gonna release a unlock no more.... The Factory unlock's are being sold all over the world (includeing NA now) 3GS, 4, and 4s...... if ur sitting and waiting for a firmware unlock b/c u mistakely updated ur Iphone (u tard) don't bother.. hackers wasn't able to release a unlock for the iphone 4 after 1.59.00 or the 3gs at 5.13 if i remember right.
  • vwstadt
    vwstadt Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Does anyone know if there's an unlock & JB for 3gs, Baseband 5.16.05 on 5.0.1?
  • Sharpshooter
    Sharpshooter Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    People be careful. I suggest u stick to sn0wbreeze for the moment my iPhone 4 baseband got update after using redsn0w and the noBB custom firmware. You can imagine the amount of frustration after I notice it so be careful!
  • Hari
    Hari Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    is this Jailbrake software compatable to reboot the iphone 4 after power off, ( my phone is working on Gevey sim and i dont have original microSIM)...thanksHari
  • Yo mamma
    Yo mamma Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Blacks should be hung kkk to death bitches
  • vlad
    vlad Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Hy guys I have a problem 1 week ago I won a free copy of iphone 4s (http://getappleproductsforfree.com) and I dont know how to use Itunes... please help me
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    i have successful jailbreak the iphone 4 with ios 5.0.1 follow by the instruction above. but the problem is my installanous have problem. i have successful install the intallanous .. but cannot caching the categories , after some time it will prompt out API error. what is the problem ?
  • EyeFon
    EyeFon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    currently have jailbroken IP4 (version 4.3.3), I tried this method and it gives me an error message in itunes (error 3194) and i cannot restore with the custom IPSW.....any suggestions?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    It looks like you have host file entries pointing to Cydia caching servers. Remove the host file entries C:\WINDOWS\system32\driver\etc\hosts and try again.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Im getting error 1601 after holding shift and restore in dfu mode while putting in firmwire for 5.0.1 BB 3gs ?? helpp
  • khafLe
    khafLe Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Is this true?so the only option is to update my baseband to 6.15 of iPad?maybe there will be and JailbreakMe for 5.16.02 hope so..cause im having a decision right now to use the firmware of iPad.
  • 2dorake
    2dorake Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have an error: exploit failed Tried running in compatibility mode, pwned DFU, IPSW in same folder with redsn0w, other usb port, AV disabled...Ideas???
  • khafLe
    via Wordpress
    Any solution except for jumping into 6.15 ipad baseband on my 3gs 5.0.1 BB 5.16.02please help!
  • khafLe
    via Wordpress
    my 3gs 5.0.1 BB 5.16.02 has a serial no. of 88009xxxxxx any suggestion on how to unlock my iPhone. with out using the iPad IPSW. please HELLPPP!
  • Yashua
    Yashua Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Okay so I came to the unlock scene late and I have a 3GS 5:16:05 on iOS 5.0.1 ... Yes it was upgraded but if I can just get some advice on what I should do. This guide says its useless if I have already upgraded to 5.0.1 so do I have to wait for a custom ipsw file or can I use this guide? thanks!
  • rachel
    rachel Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Id like to know this too!! I also just did this jailbreak with redsnow and now show "no service" for any sim card including att.... and it is not picking up wireless- stating my password is invalid!!!
  • hoji
    hoji Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hi all,could u lease tell me if anyone try this jailbreak with gevey sim card??? I got iphone4, and i'm interested will it work??
  • beek
    beek Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Soo, there still isn't a way to update 3GS 5.16.02 to iPad baseband for unlock?
  • Diaz
    Diaz Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    I have this 1600 error on my mac when trying to restore the custom ipsw..I'm using the Lion OSI have done excaltly was has been told.. The DFU mode is ON but I still have the error message when it tries to contact apple servers..
  • meng
    meng Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    i did all the steps but it load into the whole brand new interface again can't get into menu what's wrong?
  • Almeidajack
    Almeidajack Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    delete file hosts from C:wiindows/system32/drivers/etc and relaunch Itunes.
  • anand
    anand Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have iphone 4 4.2.1 with modem firmware 01.59.00 when i have created custom firmware in Redsnow when im trying to restore 5.0.1 it gives the error i have put pwned dfu mode, edit the hosts file. i have try different computer and usb ports i have try everything i can still getting the error 1600 always any way 2 bye pass this error
  • Phyo Mauk
    Phyo Mauk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    now untethered jb for 5.0.1 is out. I have iphone 3Gs(ipad bb/ios 4.1/new bootrom). I would like to upgrade my ios 4.1 to 5.0.1. How can I do that without losing my ipad bb 6.15.00 to unlock my sim later? Is there any latest redsnow version to preserve ipad bb and make custom ipsw?
  • iPhone 4 neWb.
    iPhone 4 neWb. Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    thanks. this article really helped since im new to the iPhone. Took a bit of getting used to especially the 'undo typing' feature as well as understanding a lot about jailbreaks and unlocks. I have a dilemma I was hoping someone could help me out with.I have a used iPhone 4 (GSM) I bought off my friend with an AT&T connection that I want to use with another service outside the U.S. The iPhone was accidentally restored to 5.0.1 via iTunes 10.5 with a baseband of 04.11.08. As far as I know its never been jailbreaked, and isnt unlocked I suppose because when I insert my other GSM sim into it, I get a "No Service" where I should see signal bars. I only have some idea it has something to do with my baseband version and the fact Im stuck with 5.0.1. Ive read a lot of blogs and posts about people have serious issues from downgrading firmwares in an attempt to Jailbreak using previous versios, with or without using custom ISPW's, and then getting stuck in boot loops and worse. This has all been very informative as Im still new to all this (got it a week ago). Ive discovered "POD2Gs" existence a few days into it, which led me to this website and his blogs and links, as well as reports and analysis on his progress. Im not sure given my situation whether, how to properly Jailbreak my iPhone 4. Should I use a custom ISPW, restore my iPhone using Redsn0w via untethered methods (Redsn0w, green poison, Corona??). If so, whats the best step-by-step process for my situation? (I believe there is no Gevey sim available for my current baseband/firmware at the moment, dunno when I might expect to find one in the market.)I have more questions than answers as theres a clutter of information I cant seem to get past. Is Jailbreaking advisable and what is the best method with iOS5.0.1 with baseband 04.11.08. If someone could help with this that would be gravVYY!!
  • iPhone 4 neWb.
    iPhone 4 neWb. Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Hey Mike. Were you able to find a solution eventually elsewhere? I posted at the bottom, kinda long.. but if you have a few minutes to spare, anyone for that matter.. as I have a similar problem like you do and was wondering if you came across any solid leads to getting our phones JB'd. The steps above information for JB are as close to a 'solution' as Ive gotten, but I dont know:1) which comes first, jailbreak or unlock? Im not sure if one is needed before the other.2) Does Ultrasnow only UNLOCK iPhones, and Redsn0w Jailbreaks them? It will help me understand if my iphone will be unlocked or not from following the above steps as it only talks about redsn0w/jailbreak.3) If I should or should redownload the reccommended IPSW file for my iphone 4 for use in this process (custom IPSW's are for 4.x versions?)4) I dont care for unlocking the baseband for now, cause I dont think I can revert back to one by means of downgrading, that sounds dodgy, I do want to achieve a successful Jailbreak and am just not sure if I should continue with the above with my current situation:- iPhone 4- 32GB- firmware: 5.0.1 (restored from iTunes, no IPSWs as far as I know, and never been JB'd before)- baseband: 04.11.08- current carrier its set to in general/settings somewhere: AT&TAnyone who could help myself and mike in this would really appreciate it. Having an iphone 4 behave like a regular ipod is getting frustrating and I wish to dispose of my samsung star forever. POD2G, you're a busy guy, but if youre reading this, thanks for all your hard work to date and I hope you can give some input in the right direction. I look forward to my first donation as this all seems well worth it.Thanks in advance!
  • Carlox
    Carlox Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    iOS 5 firmware file for iPhone 3GS from this link (iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw) i need ds file ...send dah. file ...FlLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...........
  • Carlox
    Carlox Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    heres my email... christ.nero@yahoo.com ...Tnx!!! :D
  • Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress
    I got the same.. but I have a Mac.....
  • Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress
    I got the same.. but I have a Mac..... where should i delete it?